Windows 10: I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me?

Discus and support I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think I might be actually braindead because I have no idea how to fix this. My windows account is my personal account, it is linked to my personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rosebud451, Nov 15, 2019.

1. I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me?

I think I might be actually braindead because I have no idea how to fix this. My windows account is my personal account, it is linked to my personal microsoft account with my personal email, and it is not in any way tied to any sort of organization.

So why on earth can I not enable Windows Hello PIN? Where do I change my PIN (which is already set up) other than through accounts>sign in options>windows hello PIN?

Everything is telling me to go to accounts>sign in options and click "I forgot my PIN." This button only appears under windows hello PIN for me.

I've tried clicking the "I forgot my PIN" button when trying to actually log in, and I go through all the steps and then it says "Oops" and it doesn't actually let me change it.

For the record, I haven't forgotten my PIN, I just want to change it because Windows forced me to choose a new one according to my "organizations policies" (again, WTF?? I'm not connected to any organization?)

Am I just stupid? This seems like the most comically simple thing to do and I am incapable.

submitted by /u/rosebud451
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rosebud451, Nov 15, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me? [​IMG]

zbook, Nov 15, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me?

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me?

1. I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me? - Similar Threads - change PIN won't

2. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  3. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  4. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  5. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  6. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?: Hello,Why is there no way to chage my 4 digit pin that appears on lockscreen? I have tried everything. I've gone to Settings > Sign in Options > Windows hello face and Windows Happy pin is not available for me ... why does Windows not have an option to change my traditional 4...
  7. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?: Hello,Why is there no way to chage my 4 digit pin that appears on lockscreen? I have tried everything. I've gone to Settings > Sign in Options > Windows hello face and Windows Happy pin is not available for me ... why does Windows not have an option to change my traditional 4...
  8. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

9. I want to change my pin and add my fingerprint, but it won't let me change nor remove. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my pin and add my fingerprint, but it won't let me change nor remove. What...: I tried to restart my laptop and a cold reboot. None of these options worked and it won't let me change or do anything with the security. Just keeps showing option is currently unavailable....
  10. I want to change my pin and add my fingerprint, but it won't let me change nor remove. What...

I want to change my pin and add my fingerprint, but it won't let me change nor remove. What...: I tried to restart my laptop and a cold reboot. None of these options worked and it won't let me change or do anything with the security. Just keeps showing option is currently unavailable....