Windows 10: I want to change my PIN on my personal computer, but the option 'has been disabled by [my]...

Discus and support I want to change my PIN on my personal computer, but the option 'has been disabled by [my]... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a family of 5: 2 adult administrators and 3 children, each with our own PIN. I believe my PIN has been compromised so now I want to change it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SamuelRothe, Jun 25, 2020.

1. I want to change my PIN on my personal computer, but the option 'has been disabled by [my]...

We have a family of 5: 2 adult administrators and 3 children, each with our own PIN.

I believe my PIN has been compromised so now I want to change it.

However, when I try, I see a message saying 'Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources. Tap or click here to fix it.' Clicking there launches a pop-up window saying 'Your organization requires Windows Hello...'

Why has the NSW DET my son's education system organisation taken over my home computer??

:)

SamuelRothe, Jun 25, 2020

2. No option to change the pin

Hello VIJAYRCHANDRAN, I am Andrew an independent advisor. Is this a personal computer or work?

If this is a work computer the IT security department very well could have disabled this option as it is not as secure as a password.

Now if this is a personal computer you will need to activate a password to use instead of a pin, then go back and create a new pin to use.

AndrewWay1, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 25, 2020
  4. I want to change my PIN on my personal computer, but the option 'has been disabled by [my]...

Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

I want to change my PIN on my personal computer, but the option 'has been disabled by [my]...

1. I want to change my PIN on my personal computer, but the option 'has been disabled by [my]... - Similar Threads - change PIN personal

2. I want to change my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my pin: I want to change my pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-pin/fa07fe43-c724-42b7-a966-8c2202a079db
  3. I want to change my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change my pin: I want to change my pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-pin/fa07fe43-c724-42b7-a966-8c2202a079db
  4. My computer says it has been disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says it has been disabled: I need help with my laptop pleaseIt says it’s been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-has-been-disabled/ea62a8a7-8e6b-49ba-9b63-dacde319b661
  5. My computer says it has been disabled

My computer says it has been disabled: I need help with my laptop pleaseIt says it’s been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-has-been-disabled/ea62a8a7-8e6b-49ba-9b63-dacde319b661
  6. My computer says it has been disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer: This AM I went to log into my personal computer and was greeted with a "set a PIN" to logon. I did set a PIN only to find out now I can't log in with my computer password. I need to use the PIN or my Microsoft password.Am I stuck using the PIN or can I get back to using my...
  8. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer: This AM I went to log into my personal computer and was greeted with a "set a PIN" to logon. I did set a PIN only to find out now I can't log in with my computer password. I need to use the PIN or my Microsoft password.Am I stuck using the PIN or can I get back to using my...
  9. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

10. I want my taskbar to always be on top - has this been disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    I want my taskbar to always be on top - has this been disabled?: Unlike most people (it would appear) I really want my task bar to always be on top. I am a developer and often have tons of windows open. With the latest Windows update now the taskbar comes up behind any windows - so I have to start re-arranging them to get to it. There is...