Windows 10: I want to change my user name as it is displayed in file manager.

Discus and support I want to change my user name as it is displayed in file manager. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not familiar with Windows yet to know where to change this, currently it's C:\Users\katna. I hate that, it distracts me whenever I use the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathyNaylor, Nov 4, 2019.

1. I want to change my user name as it is displayed in file manager.

I am not familiar with Windows yet to know where to change this, currently it's C:\Users\katna. I hate that, it distracts me whenever I use the file manager. Call me crazy, but help me anyway!

:)

KathyNaylor, Nov 4, 2019

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Nov 4, 2019
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 4, 2019
  4. I want to change my user name as it is displayed in file manager.

Changing the Log-on/Display name

Hi Ian,

To change your sign-in screen name on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts.

• Hit the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser and load your profile.

• In the main page, click the Edit name link.

• Change your name and last name, and click Save.

• Restart your computer.

Note: It is important to know that following these steps, you will also be changing the name on your outlook.com account and other Microsoft services, as well as the account name that is connected with your Microsoft account.

In line with this, you may also create a new account name on Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Type user on the search bar; then, click User Accounts.
    • Click on change your account name option; then, change the name and check if it helps.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

I want to change my user name as it is displayed in file manager.

1. I want to change my user name as it is displayed in file manager. - Similar Threads - change user name

2. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  3. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  4. Change User File Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change User File Name: my system was set up buy the the people putting it together.my name was misspelled and i would like to correct it.this is a windows 11 system I was a some how able to change my profile name as the admin.in the registry it has my correct name - just the user file on C: Drive...
  5. Change User File Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change User File Name: my system was set up buy the the people putting it together.my name was misspelled and i would like to correct it.this is a windows 11 system I was a some how able to change my profile name as the admin.in the registry it has my correct name - just the user file on C: Drive...
  6. Is it safe to change my "Users" file name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to change my "Users" file name?: So I was wanting to change my user file name because I post videos on YouTube and I sometimes have to show stuff in my files. But I have to blur the "Users > [user name]" file every time because it does contain some sensitive info about my real name. So my question is, is it...
  7. I want to change my name but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my name but...: So essentially I want to change my name back, but I kept getting the captcha wrong for hours on end now. I've looked up ways to solve it and followed advice such as not placing space in between, and so on and so forth, I've asked my friends to help as well and even then they...
  8. User File Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User File Name Change: I was wondering if there was any way to change the user file name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-file-name-change/3ccd48c5-aeb4-4eae-a7bb-6accc2165d01"
  9. Change User file name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change User file name: Hi During a complete reinstall somehow a user file name got changed C:\Users\X it should have been C:\Users\Richard how do I change it back? Thanks for any help. Rich 116571
  10. Change User file name

in Windows 10 Support
    Change User file name: Hi During a complete reinstall somehow a user file name got changed C:\Users\X it should have been C:\Users\Richard how do I change it back? Thanks for any help. Rich 116571