Windows 10: I want to Change my windows account but keep all data and files associated with it.

Discus and support I want to Change my windows account but keep all data and files associated with it. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How can I change the Microsoft account but keep all of the user data associated with it. I.e windows settings, desktop layouts, among other things.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnDoeOG, Feb 29, 2020.

1. JohnDoeOG Win User

I want to Change my windows account but keep all data and files associated with it.

How can I change the Microsoft account but keep all of the user data associated with it. I.e windows settings, desktop layouts, among other things.

The reason this is a problem is that my microsoft games are connected to a different account then the windows account and therefore I do not receive the invitations and notifications from them.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

JohnDoeOG, Feb 29, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 29, 2020
  4. I want to Change my windows account but keep all data and files associated with it.

Change file association back to unknown program in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Create a new file with any extension and save it on any location.

2) Next Open Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the default programs icon.

3) Click/tap on the Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    link.

4) Either double click/tap on the file extension or protocol, or click/tap on the file extension or protocol and click/tap on the
    Change Program button of the one you want to change the "current default' program association of.

5) If the program you want to associate is not listed, then click/tap on the
    More Options
    link if available.

6) Click/tap on a listed program that you want to associate.

7) If you associated a program, then you will see this below as "Set Associations" updates and reloads.

8) Once it is done go back to the file which you have created and delete the file.

9) Go to default programs and refresh the set association programs. It should show as other unknown.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

I want to Change my windows account but keep all data and files associated with it.

1. I want to Change my windows account but keep all data and files associated with it. - Similar Threads - Change account keep

2. I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.: I have 2 user accounts and for some reason I want to delete it but keep the data inside of it. I have not maintained the data, so I don't even know which file belongs to which user account. I don't even know how to back up those files so if you don't have any suggestions then...
  3. I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.: I have 2 user accounts and for some reason I want to delete it but keep the data inside of it. I have not maintained the data, so I don't even know which file belongs to which user account. I don't even know how to back up those files so if you don't have any suggestions then...
  4. I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...: i want to switch account and when added the new one, even when i have to delete something it asks me for password and says the file is associated with another account i dont want that to happen...
  6. i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...: i want to switch account and when added the new one, even when i have to delete something it asks me for password and says the file is associated with another account i dont want that to happen...
  7. i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...

8. Change Account while keeping data and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Account while keeping data and files: I am currently using my parents Microsoft account for my pc but I would like to change that to my Microsoft account. I have not been able to find a way to change the two accounts without losing data. For windows 11...
  9. Change Account while keeping data and files

Change Account while keeping data and files: I am currently using my parents Microsoft account for my pc but I would like to change that to my Microsoft account. I have not been able to find a way to change the two accounts without losing data. For windows 11...
  10. I want to change the Microsoft account that's associated with my windows 10 user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to change the Microsoft account that's associated with my windows 10 user account: I got a computer for my birthday when I was 13 and we used my moms Microsoft account to make my user account and deal with all the Office stuff. I am now 18 and don't want the computer to be associated with my moms Microsoft account for example it saying her name when I log...