Windows 10: I want to change only a few icons on my desktop to large and leave the remaining as medium...

Discus and support I want to change only a few icons on my desktop to large and leave the remaining as medium... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to increase the size of several icons but not all. The current desktop is medium and it would be helpful for a few to large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeithFairchild1, May 11, 2021.

1. I want to change only a few icons on my desktop to large and leave the remaining as medium...

I want to increase the size of several icons but not all. The current desktop is medium and it would be helpful for a few to large

:)

KeithFairchild1, May 11, 2021

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, May 11, 2021
  3. S WMARR Win User
    Windows 10 desktop Icon resizing?

I found out how to resize desktop icons, see below ,

To change the desktop icons take the steps below:

· Right click on an empty area of the desktop

· Select ‘View’

From here we will have three options:

· Large Icons

· Medium Icons

· Classic Icons

When you select the options listed above the icons will change based on the size selected.

S WMARR, May 11, 2021
  4. I want to change only a few icons on my desktop to large and leave the remaining as medium...

How to change the size of desktop icons on Windows 10

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about size of desktop icons.

Try the below steps to change of the desktop icons and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop, over the mouse on View option.
    • You will find Large icons, Medium icons,
      Small icons
    • Choose the option you wish to.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2021
Thema:

I want to change only a few icons on my desktop to large and leave the remaining as medium...

1. I want to change only a few icons on my desktop to large and leave the remaining as medium... - Similar Threads - change few icons

2. I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS: I need a medium-sized taskbar because date and time are stacked vertically at the R end of the taskbar. Why are they stacked? No clue. I'd prefer that they were side-by-side, but there we are. So, in order for both the date and time to be visible, TaskbarSi in the registry...
  3. I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS: I need a medium-sized taskbar because date and time are stacked vertically at the R end of the taskbar. Why are they stacked? No clue. I'd prefer that they were side-by-side, but there we are. So, in order for both the date and time to be visible, TaskbarSi must be set to 1...
  4. Desktop icons now only show when Large is selected. Medium and Small now only show blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons now only show when Large is selected. Medium and Small now only show blue...: Desktop icons now only show when Large is selected. Medium and Small now only show blue screen background. Previously, worked fine. Desktop file folder is intact. If I try to add a program to desktop, it shows as 2 which means it is there, just not showing....
  5. Desktop icons now only show when Large is selected. Medium and Small now only show blue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons now only show when Large is selected. Medium and Small now only show blue...: Desktop icons now only show when Large is selected. Medium and Small now only show blue screen background. Previously, worked fine. Desktop file folder is intact. If I try to add a program to desktop, it shows as 2 which means it is there, just not showing....
  6. Desktop icons now only show when Large is selected. Medium and Small now only show blue...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/therhubarbdoodles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kiuubu/some_of_my_desktop_icons_stay_medium_size_when_i/
  8. Medium icon size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Medium icon size keeps changing: Hello, Since a couple of days, the medium size icons are displayed as small icons on my desktop and file explorers. The size switches at random times. After a reboot the icons stay fine (medium size) for a while, but then change to small size. This always happens for URL...
  9. how to make icons remain on medium view

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make icons remain on medium view: I have windows 10 When I open up some of my folders, they are suppose to be on medium icons. The problem is, whenever I come back to that folder, it is in the details, instead of the icons. How can I get it to stay on medium icons? I still want to be able to see thumbnails...
  10. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...