Windows 10: I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox

Discus and support I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My default browser is Firefox but in windows menu when I use search it still uses edge. I don't know if I am posting it in right topic.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by achiberaia, Oct 9, 2021.

1. I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox

My default browser is Firefox but in windows menu when I use search it still uses edge. I don't know if I am posting it in right topic.

:)

achiberaia, Oct 9, 2021

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 9, 2021
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Oct 9, 2021
  4. I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox

1. I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox - Similar Threads - change search using

2. I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox: My default browser is Firefox but in windows menu when I use search it still uses edge. I don't know if I am posting it in right topic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-search-using-windows-menu-to/b615a144-afe3-408e-8210-7d2bdb400461
  3. I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox: My default browser is Firefox but in windows menu when I use search it still uses edge. I don't know if I am posting it in right topic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-search-using-windows-menu-to/b615a144-afe3-408e-8210-7d2bdb400461
  4. I want to change search using windows menu to Firefox

in Cortana
  5. How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo: I've searched this question many times but I never find the answer I'm looking for, if you search something in the start menu on the web it'll open Edge and Bing, I want it to use Firefox and DuckDuckGo. Surely there must be some sort of registry key I can modify to force it...
  6. Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?

Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?: I've tried edge deflector and that doesn't work. I use duckduckgo for my search engine on FireFox if that means anything submitted by /u/AndreSun06 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkcsxt/is_there_away_to_use_firefox_instead_of_edge_for/
  7. Change start menu search

Change start menu search: I've just done a clean install of windows from 1809 to 1909 and can't get my start search to look how it did before. 1809 search 1909 search Is this just how search looks now or can I change it? submitted by /u/imshitatpickingnames [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't use Search in Start Menu

in Cortana
    I can't use Search in Start Menu: Hi, When I open Start Menu and start typing something I get the white block. How I can fix that issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-search-in-start-menu/192fc523-48a4-4654-89b8-e6e9f35c6ebc"
  9. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  10. Change Default Search Engine in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Firefox: How to: Change Default Search Engine in Firefox How to Change Default Search Engine in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), Google is used as the default search engine in the address bar and search bar. Firefox comes with the...