Windows 10: I want to change SSD in laptop which is C drive, can I use the backup flash drive to...

Discus and support I want to change SSD in laptop which is C drive, can I use the backup flash drive to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Backup flash drives are for the devices that backed up from, I am wondering will it recognize the flash drive after changing its rootlocal drive C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nuthan_, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Nuthan_ Win User

I want to change SSD in laptop which is C drive, can I use the backup flash drive to...

Backup flash drives are for the devices that backed up from, I am wondering will it recognize the flash drive after changing its rootlocal drive C: drive. I need the backup so help is needed.And I am going to change RAM too will this be any problem too??

:)

Nuthan_, Jul 2, 2021
  2. EdCamin Win User

win 10 upgrade calls my ssd C:/drive a flash drive. I have no flash drives in.

EdCamin, Jul 2, 2021
  3. EdCamin Win User

win 10 upgrade calls my ssd C:/drive a flash drive. I have no flash drives in. Error c1900200 or 8024000b

EdCamin, Jul 2, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

I want to change SSD in laptop which is C drive, can I use the backup flash drive to...

Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

I did basically what Bree suggests to upgrade the SSD in my Dell Inspiron 5577 laptop.
    I did a disc image (all partitions) with Macrium Reflect to a USB connected drive (you should have a backup anyway).
    Installed the new SSD, used Macrium bootable rescue media (flash drive) to boot Macrium. Restored the disc image to the new SSD.
    Confirmed all was well (booted from the new SSD) then used the free version of MiniTool Partition Wizard to reclaim "C" drive space as the restore was the size of the old/smaller drive.

fireberd, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

1. I want to change SSD in laptop which is C drive, can I use the backup flash drive to... - Similar Threads - change SSD laptop

2. Want to change C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to change C drive: Want to change C drive to a larger capacity. How do I make an image of my current Drive to install on the new larger C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-c-drive/a28abe0b-7aae-4713-b67a-1882aed6d3ac
  3. Want to change C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to change C drive: Want to change C drive to a larger capacity. How do I make an image of my current Drive to install on the new larger C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-c-drive/a28abe0b-7aae-4713-b67a-1882aed6d3ac
  4. create file backup using a flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create file backup using a flash drive: How do I copy all of my word documents, I have Office Professional Plus 2016. I want to create a back up of these files on a flash drive. It's the safest way to save them in case future updates for my office program is changed on the next Windows 10 Home Updates. Or you can...
  5. Backup with a flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup with a flash drive: How do I backup my everything on my computer with a flash drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-with-a-flash-drive/cf74c072-6d70-4648-94bd-9df6bb783f3d
  6. can i use the same flash drive for media creation tool and as file backup ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can i use the same flash drive for media creation tool and as file backup ?: I wanted to freshly reinstall windows. Thing is i backed up my stuff on my only flash drive. But media creatin tool will nuke the flash drive. Can I use media creation tool first and then copy all my stuff on to my flash drive ? or do i have to leave it alone with just the...
  7. How can i change my new SSD into the C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i change my new SSD into the C drive?: I recently bought a SSD for my computer and migrated the OS to it from the old HDD. I looked up how to change the letter for the drives as well but i can not seem to get the new SSD to be labeled as the C drive. I was wondering how do i make it so that SSD becomes the C drive...
  8. I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...

I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup...: I cannot backup the image on a Flash Drive , I get "the drive is not a valid backup location" error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-backup-the-image-on-a-flash-drive-i-get/049adb15-5397-48e6-9134-f92276c4f054
  9. can i use a flash drive for windows update?

can i use a flash drive for windows update?: I have been trying to update my windows on my laptop HP Stream and it keeps saying that I don't have enough disk space to continue with the update... I practically deleted everything so I was wondering if I could use my flashdrive so I will quit getting this annoying "I need...
  10. Backup to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup to Flash Drive: I am experimenting backing up my personal documents on to a flash drive (no moving parts) rather than an external hard drive but I'm facing a problem creating folders on the flash drive. Say my computer is called XYZ, the external hard drive allows me to create folders, like...