Windows 10: I want to change the administrator email on Windows 11

Discus and support I want to change the administrator email on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. Previously I was using Windows 7 so I have never had a need to set-up a microsoft account, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lee Thornton, Dec 9, 2023.

1. I want to change the administrator email on Windows 11

I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. Previously I was using Windows 7 so I have never had a need to set-up a microsoft account, which I had to do when starting and setting up my new laptop with Windows 11. I set it up with an email address that I will no longer want to be associated with a microsoft account, including the administrator account on Windows 11 and microsoft. I have already created an "outlook.com" account. I have also purchased Office 365 with the outlook.com account and downloaded it to my new laptop. At the instruction of a microsoft support person, I have gone th

:)

Lee Thornton, Dec 9, 2023
  2. sivacg Win User

Change of administrator on Windows 11

Hi,

I am planning to change my administrator account to a new Microsoft account on Windows 11. I am confident on technical steps but I have a question on consequences. What I mean by that is: when I change my administrator account,

• do I lose some data?
    • Can I access the data from the previous admin user folder? etc.
    May I request you to help me with the points where it could go wrong and lose my data or access to the data please? Thanks in advance.

sivacg, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Change administrator email

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You can just provide the Administrator privileges to your personal Microsoft account from your current Admin account (work email ID). To do so follow these steps.

• Press Windows Key, Type manage your account
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Family and Other Users.
    • Select the account that you wish to change to Admin account.
    • You'll get an option to Change account type. Click on it and change it to
      Administrator.

If you wish to sign out from the Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key, Type manage your account
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Your account tab.
    • One the right side, you'll see an option to Sign-in with a local account instead.
    • Click on it and enter your password to make changes.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create a local account.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 9, 2023
  4. I want to change the administrator email on Windows 11

Change Administrator Email Account to another Email Account

Hi Monique,

For you to change the Windows 10 administrator email can be done by switching the profile into a local user account. We suggest that you follow the steps posted by
    Azaruddin Syed on a similar thread found on this link.

This will provide you with the procedures on how to assign administrator privileges and permissions to your original email.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

I want to change the administrator email on Windows 11

1. I want to change the administrator email on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - change administrator email

2. I want to change the administrator email on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the administrator email on Windows 11: I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. Previously I was using Windows 7 so I have never had a need to set-up a microsoft account, which I had to do when starting and setting up my new laptop with Windows 11. I set it up with an email address that I will no longer...
  3. Change Windows Administrator Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Administrator Email: So, I`m in the process of updating some of my accounts and deactivating them. Here is my situation.Account 1 will be deactivated/deleted and I will use account 2 going forward. However my Windows 10, shows the account 1 in the Your info section which makes me afraid that,...
  4. Change Windows Administrator Email

Change Windows Administrator Email: So, I`m in the process of updating some of my accounts and deactivating them. Here is my situation.Account 1 will be deactivated/deleted and I will use account 2 going forward. However my Windows 10, shows the account 1 in the Your info section which makes me afraid that,...
  5. Change Windows Administrator Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. I want to change the administrator EMAIL address on Windows 11. This is impossible for me....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the administrator EMAIL address on Windows 11. This is impossible for me....: The issue:I did a fresh install of Windows 11 today.After signing into my profile for the first time on this fresh install, I ended up signing in with an old Outlook account that does not have a Windows 11 license attached.I realized my mistake after installing all my...
  7. I want to change the administrator EMAIL address on Windows 11. This is impossible for me....

I want to change the administrator EMAIL address on Windows 11. This is impossible for me....: The issue:I did a fresh install of Windows 11 today.After signing into my profile for the first time on this fresh install, I ended up signing in with an old Outlook account that does not have a Windows 11 license attached.I realized my mistake after installing all my...
  8. want to change administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    want to change administrator: change admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-administrator/4771555d-6d7c-40a2-9db7-d5a2f3b5e2c6
  9. Change Administrator email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator email: I need to change my pc administrator email address, but it doesn't seem there is a place to change it. Does anyone know how to make the change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-administrator-email/f64f39f1-20be-4344-b4bf-fcf39a4c4cdc"
  10. Change Administrator Email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Administrator Email: I hope I can explain this correctly. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I had been using a Sbcglobal email but have since changed to an Outlook.com email. I'm still currently using the former but not for much longer. We have two User Accounts (mine & wife's) on this...