Windows 10: I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...

Discus and support I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma and I cannot see the blue very well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrendaBlanks, Jan 2, 2020.

1. I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...

I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma and I cannot see the blue very well.

:)

BrendaBlanks, Jan 2, 2020

2. How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Changing Text Color

I am using the Paint software that came with my WIndows 10 os. I am not able to change the color of the text I put on a picture. It is on a dark background, so I would like like to make the text white. How can I do this?

I have tried all of the regular steps, highlighting the text and selecting white from both the text palate and the text color shortcuts, "color 1 and color 2" that appear in the tools section. Neither works.

Please help.

Thanks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LStevens787, Jan 2, 2020
  4. I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...

How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...

1. I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma... - Similar Threads - change color highlighting

2. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  3. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  4. problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mem_tv13gachi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vpy6zq/problems_with_moving_selected_text_with_the_mouse/
  5. How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10: Have you ever wanted to change the highlight color to another color whenever you highlight a selected text? Usually, a person would change background colors because they would find the default colors boring or bland and want a unique or grand color to be displayed. This...
  6. How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?: I found a way to change the text color, but never the blue background color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-color-of/9297e5cf-dc7d-4cd4-9c8b-b8764d0848ad
  7. How do I change the text select color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the text select color?: When you select text (that it, when you double click a word or hold shift with arrows) the default color is blue. Some websites change this. Is there a way I can do it? If there's a way with WinAero Tweaker, I'd love to hear it too. submitted by /u/PeteyGANG [link]...
  8. Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc....

Touchpad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc....: Microsoft laptop touch pad cursor keeps highlighting as I try to select desired tab, website, text, etc.... How can I get this to cease this annoying feature? Screenshots attached. Also, as I scroll and browse using the touch pad screen and pause (to read, for example),...
  9. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...
  10. Would like to change the text highlight color in text-entry fields

Would like to change the text highlight color in text-entry fields: For instance, if I highlight a word in a text-entry field, it's a very bright blue. This is also true in Firefox, Thunderbird, Word, OneNote, various fora, etc. but not in Excel. Prior to installing Windows 10, the highlight in a text-entry field was either pale grey (on...