Windows 10: I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to...

Discus and support I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jurpy_the_durpy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jurpy_the_durpy, Dec 26, 2020.

1. I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to...

/u/jurpy_the_durpy, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Kari Win User
    key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital "

Yes.

Yes. Signing in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, the password is always that of Microsoft account.

Yes. Digital license of a Windows 10 PC can only be attached to one MS account at any given time.

Yes.

Please notice that license transfer and management can be confusing if you do not use descriptive computer names.

By default Windows names a PC with DESKTOP-XXXXXXX where XXXXXXX is a random 7 character alphanumeric string. Naming your PC before assigning license to a Microsoft account helps you to identify your computers and digital licenses when transferring licenses.

Here's how to name a PC when installing Windows 10:

(Video from thread Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! Solved - Windows 10 Forums)

To give a descriptive name later, see this tutorial: Change Computer Name in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

4. Zakin Win User

I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to... :(

Zakin, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to...

1. I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to... - Similar Threads - change microsoft account

2. I want to link my Microsoft account to my xbox360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to link my Microsoft account to my xbox360: How do I link my Xbox 360 to myicrosoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-link-my-microsoft-account-to-my-xbox360/8ccfc067-ab9e-4733-b785-f6cda6afa4d3
  3. I want to link my Microsoft account to my xbox360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to link my Microsoft account to my xbox360: How do I link my Xbox 360 to myicrosoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-link-my-microsoft-account-to-my-xbox360/8ccfc067-ab9e-4733-b785-f6cda6afa4d3
  4. Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10: My husband created a Microsft email account for me during lockdown which was used to re-route work emails to my personal laptop. This account is no longer needed and is in the process of being closed. However, my user account on the laptop, which incidently is also the...
  5. Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10: My husband created a Microsft email account for me during lockdown which was used to re-route work emails to my personal laptop. This account is no longer needed and is in the process of being closed. However, my user account on the laptop, which incidently is also the...
  6. Change Microsoft Account linked to an Administrator User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I want to change the Microsoft account that's associated with my windows 10 user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to change the Microsoft account that's associated with my windows 10 user account: I got a computer for my birthday when I was 13 and we used my moms Microsoft account to make my user account and deal with all the Office stuff. I am now 18 and don't want the computer to be associated with my moms Microsoft account for example it saying her name when I log...
  8. I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name: I got a new computer and I used a different Microsoft Account name than I wanted, weirdly, there was NO choose name option, I can't seem to change it. What can I do?...
  9. I want to change my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change my Microsoft Account: I got a new computer and I used a different Microsoft Account than I wanted, even though it's mine, I can't seem to change it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-microsoft-account/5597e400-8101-46fa-a705-c94ad1f46338
  10. I want to link windows 10 to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to link windows 10 to my Microsoft account: Hello, I have purchased windows 10 key from third party website, now this websites is not working.i have bill also from seller I have activated it successfully online, i want to verify via Microsoft and I would like to link this keys with my Microsoft account. I tied...