Windows 10: I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I...

Discus and support I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I see that this option is not available. How do I change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Glenridge Executive, May 30, 2023.

1. I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I...

I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I see that this option is not available. How do I change the pin? And how do I add an account?

:)

Glenridge Executive, May 30, 2023
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 30, 2023
  3. Change Windows Hello Pin for 2nd account.

Hey,

I have an old Microsoft account (I'm posting this question on said account) that I am trying to sign into through the xbox app but forgot the pin for it. I am signed into the account on my pc, as it is listed under accounts in the settings, however it is
    not the administrator account. When I attempt to change the Windows Hello Pin for the old account, it only allows me to change the pin for the administrator account.

How can I change the pin for my old/2nd account?

xAtomic Failx, May 30, 2023
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I...

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 30, 2023
Thema:

I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I...

1. I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I... - Similar Threads - change PIN settings>accounts>PIN

2. I want to change my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my pin: I want to change my pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-pin/fa07fe43-c724-42b7-a966-8c2202a079db
  3. I want to change my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change my pin: I want to change my pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-pin/fa07fe43-c724-42b7-a966-8c2202a079db
  4. I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I...

I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I...: I want to change the PIN on a PC, but when I go to settings>accounts>PIN Windows Hello I see that this option is not available. How do I change the pin? And how do I add an account?...
  5. Account Protection says I need to set up windows Hello It wants a PIN, but I have a PIN

Account Protection says I need to set up windows Hello It wants a PIN, but I have a PIN: I see this and click Setup.Then this: I click NextAnd finally this "Make sure its you where I have to enter my pin...I do and the window closes.Any idea how I can fix this?...
  6. Account Protection says I need to set up windows Hello It wants a PIN, but I have a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Protection says I need to set up windows Hello It wants a PIN, but I have a PIN: I see this and click Setup.Then this: I click NextAnd finally this "Make sure its you where I have to enter my pin...I do and the window closes.Any idea how I can fix this?...
  7. How do i change my Windows Hello Pin when I have forgotten my current pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my Windows Hello Pin when I have forgotten my current pin?: I am not able to reset my pin and it keep looping in the above error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-windows-hello-pin-when-i-have/7503e3fc-698b-4d73-b52c-8010a40c395e
  8. How do i change my Windows Hello Pin when I have forgotten my current pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i change my Windows Hello Pin when I have forgotten my current pin?: I am not able to reset my pin and it keep looping in the above error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-windows-hello-pin-when-i-have/7503e3fc-698b-4d73-b52c-8010a40c395e
  9. I can't remove or change the Window Hello PIN !

I can't remove or change the Window Hello PIN !: [ATTACH] I want to remove it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-or-change-the-window-hello-pin/31763b6d-32c6-4c9d-9a8f-7caec6cb0d0d
  10. I don’t want a pin

I don’t want a pin: I’ want to sign in with my own microsoft account my pc used my moms one, but i dont want to use it on my pc but it says “Your account required a windows hello pin”. I really dont want one and just want a password. Is there anyway to fix this? I dont want to use third party...