Windows 10: I want to change the username but the pc always resets back to my own name

Discus and support I want to change the username but the pc always resets back to my own name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm reading the same guides over and over again but it's not helping. My sign in displays my real name and sometimes my email, which is something I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Goncalorg, May 21, 2020.

1. I want to change the username but the pc always resets back to my own name

I'm reading the same guides over and over again but it's not helping. My sign in displays my real name and sometimes my email, which is something I don't want. I want to use the nickname I use for just about everything else. I bought the pc yesterday, and since then I've been bombarded with Microsoft account related stuff, almost everything requires an account.

Call me old fashioned but I just one to set up my own User name and password, like the good old days.

submitted by /u/Goncalorg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Goncalorg, May 21, 2020

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 21, 2020
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, May 21, 2020
  4. I want to change the username but the pc always resets back to my own name

Change username on Windows 10.

Hi Jacob,

You can personalize your username on your account through the Microsoft website. To help you change your account name, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    change the name on your Microsoft account.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, May 21, 2020
Thema:

I want to change the username but the pc always resets back to my own name

1. I want to change the username but the pc always resets back to my own name - Similar Threads - change username always

2. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to reset my pc: Hello .I want to reset my pc but I want to keep the activation key for windows. can I do that? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc/7432319a-8718-4079-a6f3-c0dfb74c3083
  3. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to reset my pc: Hello .I want to reset my pc but I want to keep the activation key for windows. can I do that? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc/7432319a-8718-4079-a6f3-c0dfb74c3083
  4. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I want to change my name but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my name but...: So essentially I want to change my name back, but I kept getting the captcha wrong for hours on end now. I've looked up ways to solve it and followed advice such as not placing space in between, and so on and so forth, I've asked my friends to help as well and even then they...
  6. How to reset PC name back to default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset PC name back to default?: How do I reset the pc name to what it was when I first installed windows? submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldn1xd/how_to_reset_pc_name_back_to_default/
  7. I want to reset my PC.

I want to reset my PC.: Hi, My pc got corrupt and I'm looking to reset it. It's not showing any reset options and won't boot up. So only options is command prompt. I don't have a restore point or additional USB. Can I entirely reset it with cmd ? I'm not able to do it after diskpart with systemreset...
  8. My PC reset after i changed username

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC reset after i changed username: Please i changed the default name i used on my PC and i was told to sign out, and when i signed in, my PC reset, but i could see my old username in my local disk user folder. I have no restore point, i have restarted my PC 3 times but still the same result. Please what would...
  9. Changing my PC username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing my PC username: Hey! I recently logged into my microsoft account when I reset my PC, and I used my phone number, but now when I go to C:\Users it says that my username is 44772. When I right click however there isn't a rename option. Does anyone here know how I can rename my username so...
  10. How do i change the name from NITRO5 to my own name?

How do i change the name from NITRO5 to my own name?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/trial_expired [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gntuex/how_do_i_change_the_name_from_nitro5_to_my_own/