Windows 10: i want to close microsoft edge. it is slowing down my computer.

Discus and support i want to close microsoft edge. it is slowing down my computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i want to close microsoft edge. or put it to sleep. it is causing a slowdown on my computer...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by judycorlett, Mar 18, 2020.

1. i want to close microsoft edge. it is slowing down my computer.

i want to close microsoft edge. or put it to sleep. it is causing a slowdown on my computer...

:)

judycorlett, Mar 18, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge is slow in closing

I routinely clear the Edge and Bing and Internet Explorer, and just today I did run the sfc /scannow. The scan did find problems and repaired them, and after again clearing the edge, etc. the same delay took place after I opened Edge to my Home Page,
    and then clicked on an article that was listed about McDonald's in France. Again, or shall I say still, I have the delay in closing the browsing window. I must admit though that I believe this laptop is operating more quickly then prior to the scan. Thanks
    for that suggestion.

**** Stubblebine, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge is slow in closing

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.

If issue still persists try method 2

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2020
  4. i want to close microsoft edge. it is slowing down my computer.

Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Edge is Awesome for Browsing. Seems like this is a problem that many users are facing.
    Do this: Disconnect your Internet and follow these steps

Steps: Microsoft Edge Closes Immediately after opening - Solved | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

i want to close microsoft edge. it is slowing down my computer.

1. i want to close microsoft edge. it is slowing down my computer. - Similar Threads - close microsoft edge

2. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowed down computer: Has anyone had this problem. Since i installed the update KB5031356 my computer as become a to act at a snail pace I have uninstalled the update and will see the response once it it is out.George...
  3. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slowed down computer: Has anyone had this problem. Since i installed the update KB5031356 my computer as become a to act at a snail pace I have uninstalled the update and will see the response once it it is out.George...
  4. I want Edge off of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Edge off of my computer: I don't care about any of the features tied to Edge, I want it gone. It bothers me so much that Microsoft pushes this browser that no one wants and will not let you remove it. I've tried everything to remove it, I edited the NoRemove registry to ungray the uninstall button....
  5. I want Edge off of my computer

I want Edge off of my computer: I don't care about any of the features tied to Edge, I want it gone. It bothers me so much that Microsoft pushes this browser that no one wants and will not let you remove it. I've tried everything to remove it, I edited the NoRemove registry to ungray the uninstall button....
  6. Computer Slowing Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Slowing Down: I have had this computer for about 3 years. 1070ti, 32GB ram, 8th gen i7 8700k, 1.5TB SSD, and 2.5TB HDD. It's not a bad build, but recently I have noticed EXTREME lagging while opening up either VR games or even playing a game for too long. Is there any fix? or do I just...
  7. Computer slowed down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer slowed down: My pc was running very slow for last few days. I did not install new except some updates ( I'm not talking about windows 10 updates ). My antivirus shows no activity of malware's. When I try to turn pc on or off it takes roughly 5 minutes. Things like blender, Photoshop or...
  8. Microsoft updates slowing computer down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft updates slowing computer down: Seem to have had a number of updates recently which has slowed the speed my computer works. Is this common? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-updates-slowing-computer-down/19132cc6-bd4d-47c1-8f81-55b61ad25fb6
  9. Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing down: In my favourites bar in Edge I have more favourites folders than there is space for across the screen so there is a down arrow on the right. When I click on this down arrow the remaining favourites folders appear. If I launch Edge, click on the down arrow and select one of...
  10. CCleaner Wants to Close Edge

CCleaner Wants to Close Edge: I'm not using Edge but I am using IE 11. Any idea why CCleaner wants to close Edge ever time I run the cleaner?? If I'm not using it why is it open? James 47521