Windows 10: I want to connect my hp laptop to a dell monitor.Please help

Discus and support I want to connect my hp laptop to a dell monitor.Please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know I need an hdmi cable but I am curios about one thing.Is there any way I can do something on my laptop screen and something else on my monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vld4k, Apr 5, 2020.

1. /u/vld4k Win User

I want to connect my hp laptop to a dell monitor.Please help

I know I need an hdmi cable but I am curios about one thing.Is there any way I can do something on my laptop screen and something else on my monitor screen?Or what I do on laptop is on the monitor too?

I want to watch a course on the monitor while coding on the laptop

submitted by /u/vld4k
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vld4k, Apr 5, 2020

2. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Projector connection Intermittent in HP laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it could be when things don’t go right, we will look into this for you. However, we will need a few more information on this to help you further:

• Are you facing this issue only with HP 250 G6 laptops?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Since you are using a HDMI cable to connect the projector, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article provided by HP

Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows)
    and see if that helps.

For more information, you can refer the article on
    Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV (Windows 10, 8, 7)
    by HP.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Diagnostic tool to check for hardware errors. You can find the Hardwar and Diagnostic tool in the section
    Diagnostic from
    HP 250 G6 Notebook PC

You can also check if there is any BIOS update available. You can contact HP Support team to check for BIOS update.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 5, 2020
  4. I want to connect my hp laptop to a dell monitor.Please help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

I want to connect my hp laptop to a dell monitor.Please help

1. I want to connect my hp laptop to a dell monitor.Please help - Similar Threads - connect laptop dell

2. I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor...: I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor and I tried to put the laptop to sleep but the laptop is sleeping with the monitor how can I solve?...
  3. I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor...: I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor and I tried to put the laptop to sleep but the laptop is sleeping with the monitor how can I solve?...
  4. Please I want remote help for my Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please I want remote help for my Dell Laptop.: I have followed all your instructions by command prompt, optional features, shell admin, and registry to deactivate Hyper-V, and remove Device Guard and Credential Guard, I still can't run VMware Workstation. I have even reformatted my drive trice and still the same outcome....
  5. Please I want remote help for my Dell Laptop.

Please I want remote help for my Dell Laptop.: I have followed all your instructions by command prompt, optional features, shell admin, and registry to deactivate Hyper-V, and remove Device Guard and Credential Guard, I still can't run VMware Workstation. I have even reformatted my drive trice and still the same outcome....
  6. Please I remote help for my Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please I remote help for my Dell Laptop.: I have followed all your instructions by command prompt and registry to deactivate Hyper-V, and remove Device Guard and Credential Guard, I still can't run VMware Workstation. I have even reformatted my drive trice and still the same outcome. Please I need help.When I restart...
  7. Please I remote help for my Dell Laptop.

Please I remote help for my Dell Laptop.: I have followed all your instructions by command prompt and registry to deactivate Hyper-V, and remove Device Guard and Credential Guard, I still can't run VMware Workstation. I have even reformatted my drive trice and still the same outcome. Please I need help.When I restart...
  8. Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop: I need help connecting a Samsung monitor to my hp laptop. I did everything correctly and it's not connecting. What else can I do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-my-hp-laptop/271aaf23-8305-4175-835c-9cae9dece960
  9. Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop

Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop: I need help connecting a Samsung monitor to my hp laptop. I did everything correctly and it's not connecting. What else can I do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-my-hp-laptop/271aaf23-8305-4175-835c-9cae9dece960
  10. connect monitor to my dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect monitor to my dell laptop: how I connect monitor to my computer? the monitor did not display nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-monitor-to-my-dell-laptop/b2817c37-c996-4fab-967b-304704115f80