Windows 10: I want to connect my pc and my laptop thru wifi, both on windows10

Discus and support I want to connect my pc and my laptop thru wifi, both on windows10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to connect my pc and my laptop thru wifi, both on windows10. I tried with file sharing, but neither of my computers appears on the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by romainclark, Sep 4, 2019.

1. I want to connect my pc and my laptop thru wifi, both on windows10

I want to connect my pc and my laptop thru wifi, both on windows10. I tried with file sharing, but neither of my computers appears on the network folder.

:)

romainclark, Sep 4, 2019

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 4, 2019
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

I want to connect my pc and my laptop thru wifi, both on windows10

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

I want to connect my pc and my laptop thru wifi, both on windows10

1. I want to connect my pc and my laptop thru wifi, both on windows10 - Similar Threads - connect laptop thru

2. i want to connect my printer with my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to connect my printer with my pc: Dear Sir/Mam,i want to connect my laptop with my printer HPB49CBD HP Smart Tank 710-720 Series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-connect-my-printer-with-my-pc/7eeff0fd-138a-41b6-8ad5-c02fcfff9277
  3. i want to connect my printer with my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to connect my printer with my pc: Dear Sir/Mam,i want to connect my laptop with my printer HPB49CBD HP Smart Tank 710-720 Series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-connect-my-printer-with-my-pc/7eeff0fd-138a-41b6-8ad5-c02fcfff9277
  4. I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but: I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but it is showing on my computer but i don't get the notification on my laptop. Is it because my pc is windows 10 and my laptop is windows 11 ? i did this before but my laptop had windows 10 is that why i can't connect ?...
  5. I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but: I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but it is showing on my computer but i don't get the notification on my laptop. Is it because my pc is windows 10 and my laptop is windows 11 ? i did this before but my laptop had windows 10 is that why i can't connect ?...
  6. connecting to my Imac thru LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting to my Imac thru LAN: On my home network I have my Windows 10 laptop and my Imac desktop computers. I have no problem accessing my Windows laptop from my Mac. But for some reason, my Windows 10 laptop refuses to allow me to access files on my Imac. I have used the correct password each time, but...
  7. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop: laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print. Please help, thank you.......
  8. My Laptop will not connect to my Wifi

My Laptop will not connect to my Wifi: It's a Asus X401A1 Intel celeron b830 1.80ghz 4gb ram. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 is my wireless network adapter. Tried reinstalling the network drive. Uninstalling. Disabling. Upgraded my Laptop from Windows 8 to 10. Tried Network reset It'll occasionally come up with...
  9. My desktop can't connect thru LAN, but in my laptop it can

My desktop can't connect thru LAN, but in my laptop it can: Hi, I'm having an issue. So my desktop suddenly wasn't connecting to the internet through LAN. I tried several methods to reconnect thru LAN, however, it was all in vain, and I ended up using my Wifi dongle to connect. However, I tried the LAN on my laptop, but it works. Why...
  10. No wifi connection on my laptop

No wifi connection on my laptop: Hey guys, I'm running the latest Windows 10 1709 build, with latest updates. I have an Hp Folio 9470M laptop and last night my wifi icon at the bottom was gone. I can connect by Ethernet but no option for wireless connectivity. Going into the network settings, there is...