Windows 10: I want to connect two PC,s to my HP 27 inch monitor that has two HDMI input ports.

Discus and support I want to connect two PC,s to my HP 27 inch monitor that has two HDMI input ports. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to connect two PC,s to my HP 27 inch monitor that has two HDMI input ports.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnO'Neal1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. I want to connect two PC,s to my HP 27 inch monitor that has two HDMI input ports.

I want to connect two PC,s to my HP 27 inch monitor that has two HDMI input ports.

:)

JohnO'Neal1, Mar 28, 2020

2. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Odd issue with HDMI connection to monitor

I have a HP Spectre x360. This laptop doesn't have a HDMI port. Instead I use a USB-C to HDMI/VGA adapter. No issues until the recent 1903 Feature Update. After this update, my laptop will not recognise the monitor that is connected.

I have troubleshooted in the following ways:

- Connecting a Samsung Galaxy phone to the monitor via the same HDMI and USB-C adapter - Success, the adapter, cable and monitor must be working.

- Connecting my laptop to a different monitor using a VGA connection with the same adapter - Success, the laptop can at least handle a second monitor via VGA.

- Uninstalling and reinstalling laptop graphics drivers - no success. When connecting the monitor via USB-C to HDMI, in Settings>System>Display - the "Rearrange your displays" visual simply doesnt appear.

So it looks like my laptop is struggling with HDMI input - but via a HDMI to USB-C adapter, since there is no HDMI port.

Could not find a way to restore it back to before the update.

Any help appreciated.

Michael6882563, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

I want to connect two PC,s to my HP 27 inch monitor that has two HDMI input ports.

HDMI port not working

Just a thought: I was recently given a nice 27" ASUS monitor [in lieu of having to move it 2000 Miles] that has VGA, DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI inputs. I do have to use the monitor's Menu buttons to choose which port is to be used. It was quite handy when having to work on a Notebook that was dropped breaking the screen and having only an HDMI port for an external monitor. The HDMI port replaced the VGA port found on a number of Notebooks that can attach a projector or monitor. Just more of technology marching on.

Berton, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to connect two PC,s to my HP 27 inch monitor that has two HDMI input ports. - Similar Threads - connect inch monitor

2. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch: hello, I bought a new monitor lg 27mp400-b 27 inches, and it appears as 21.7 inches, how can I fix this? I tried reconnecting the HDMI cable and restarting my PC. i53060ti32 gb ram...
  3. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch: hello, I bought a new monitor lg 27mp400-b 27 inches, and it appears as 21.7 inches, how can I fix this? I tried reconnecting the HDMI cable and restarting my PC. i53060ti32 gb ram...
  4. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to switch between two HDMI ports on my secondary computer monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch between two HDMI ports on my secondary computer monitor: I have an HP Alienware laptop with one HDMI port on the back. It is connected via HDMI cable to an HP Pavilion 27c curved monitor that I'm using as a secondary screen. That monitor has two HDMI ports on the back of it. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a lightning to HDMI...
  6. Connecting two monitors

Connecting two monitors: Well I'm trying to connect 1 monitor and 1 t.v the pc its self has 2 HDMI ports only 1 of them lets me connect to the monitor or t.v and VGA port which isn't working at all...
  7. connecting two monitors

connecting two monitors: My Pc will not recognize 2nd monitor. What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-two-monitors/b3107aec-5c44-4900-b85c-9df05c075869
  8. connecting two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting two monitors: so I have tried to connect both monitors to a windows 10. They are both on and I have extended the view however my mouse cannot move to the other screen. What do I do?...
  9. my hdmi on my graphics card is the only hdmi port that works. I need two for a monitor to...

my hdmi on my graphics card is the only hdmi port that works. I need two for a monitor to...: my hdmi on my graphics card is the only hdmi port that works. I need two for a monitor to set up rift. There are two other hdmi ports available. Please help....
  10. How to connect two monitors to PC?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to connect two monitors to PC?: I recently got a new PC, and i have 2 monitors i want to connect. one is VGA and one is HDMI. The only thing is, my PC only has one HDMI, one DisplayPort and one DVI. The VGA monitor (which I want to use as my main monitor) is currently plugged in with a VGA to HDMI adapter,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 27 inch hp monitor with dual hdmi port instructions