Windows 10: I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is...

Discus and support I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is not found. Anyone please tell me how I can download this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nimi100, Aug 2, 2022.

1. nimi100 Win User

I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is...

I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is not found. Anyone please tell me how I can download this image and from where? How to create a vm with that image in azure?

:)

nimi100, Aug 2, 2022

2. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following is

1. Create a RAW image from an on-prem VM.
    2. Convert the RAW image to VHD.
    3. Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.
    4. Convert the Disks to managed disks.
    5. Mount the OS disk to the C drive and other disks respectively.
    Issue - Once we mount the OS disk we are not able to RDP to the machine we have followed the steps suggested in the below links and as usual there are millions of documents and none point in the right direction unfrotunately.

Links followed to figure out options to get this done -

Prepare a Windows VHD to upload to Azure - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Docs - Microsoft documentation.

Create a Windows VM from a specialized VHD in the Azure portal - Azure Virtual Machines - Microsoft documentation.

Upload a VHD to Azure and create a virtual machine - Stephanie Kahlam - Some helpful people created this and

We have tried options

1. Created image from managed disk and tried to initiate the VM and got exception as below
      Provisioning failed.
      OS Provisioning for VM 'demo-1' did not finish in the allotted time. However, the VM guest agent was detected running. This suggests the guest OS has not been properly prepared to be used as a VM image (with CreateOption=FromImage). To resolve this issue, either use the VHD as is with CreateOption=Attach or prepare it properly for use as an image:
      * Instructions for Windows:
      https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-windows-upload-image/
      * Instructions for Linux:
      https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-linux-capture-image/.

and
      the suggested solution 1 to use CreateOption=Attach creates the VM but does not allow us to RDP to the machine so we are assuming it's not booting up. The other option suggested in the hyperlink is to create image using SysPrep which is not an option for us as we are performing a lift and shift.
    I would like to get some guidance from experts on to the right process to follow.

Dalbir Singh (dalbir.monga), Aug 2, 2022
  3. azure vm for testing

Animesh.Pramanik, Aug 2, 2022
  4. calcc Win User

I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is...

azure vm for testing

Hello,

I have azure pass and I am able to create azure VM. I am thinking to use it as a sandbox for malware analysis and also logs analysis.

(When I am done i am going to remove it and create it again).

Is this legal i don't want to be banned for my azure subscription?

many thanks

calcc, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

1. I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is... - Similar Threads - create version 1908

2. I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is...: I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is not found. Anyone please tell me how I can download this image and from where? How to create a vm with that image in azure?...
  3. I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is...: I want to create windows 10 version 1908 VM in azure. In azure market place this image is not found. Anyone please tell me how I can download this image and from where? How to create a vm with that image in azure?...
  4. azure vm for testing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    azure vm for testing: Hello,I have azure pass and I am able to create azure VM. I am thinking to use it as a sandbox for malware analysis and also logs analysis.When I am done i am going to remove it and create it again. Is this legal i don't want to be banned for my azure subscription?many thanks...
  5. Azure VM export

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM export: Hi Alli have two tenants in Azure, There is no connectivity from Tenant 1 to Tenant 2. i have VM provisioned in Azure Tenant1. The VM is joined to the domain. I want to export this VM from Tenant1 and import it in Tenant2.The user in Tenant 2 should be able to login using...
  6. Azure VM not Connecting .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM not Connecting .: Ok so recently , i Activated my Azure Trial subscription , i Created a VM but A few problems came up , i solved them all but now i have a Major Problem . Everytime i start The connection RDP Protocol It asks for credential , I entered my email credentials , VM Admin...
  7. Azure VM not Connecting .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure VM not Connecting .: Ok so recently , i Activated my Azure Trial subscription , i Created a VM but A few problems came up , i solved them all but now i have a Major Problem . Everytime i start The connection RDP Protocol It asks for credential , I entered my email credentials , VM Admin...
  8. Azure VM not Connecting .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Creating Azure VM for Malware Analysis Lab

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creating Azure VM for Malware Analysis Lab: Hello, I am still new in Cyber security word. I am thinking to create VM in Azure Linux remnux to analysis suspicious attachemnts, files etc... I am thinking if is any risk to my home pc - if potential malware can move some how from lab vm to my home pc - if i will use rdp...
  10. Error creating Image in Azure

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Error creating Image in Azure: Hi, Keeps migrating a local server to Azure (Virtual Machine). Have uploaded the VHD file, but when I create an "Image" based on that file I get the error message: quotation Could not create image 'host1'. Error: At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please...