Windows 10: I want to decrease the size of the text and alter the left margin, have tried everything...

Discus and support I want to decrease the size of the text and alter the left margin, have tried everything... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to decrease size of text, ad alter the left margin, I have tried everything advised with no success.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MinnieRussell, May 3, 2019.

1. I want to decrease the size of the text and alter the left margin, have tried everything...

I want to decrease size of text, ad alter the left margin, I have tried everything advised with no success.

:)

MinnieRussell, May 3, 2019

2. Screen exploded and both left and right margins vanished.

How do I shrink the screen? While typing the screen exploded and both left and right margins vanished. Zooming and changing pixil number do not help.

OK the normal recommended number of pixils caused the problem. Stupidly i tried to decrease the screen size by decreasing the pixil number. Increasing it to the max fixed it!

Still the number of pixils should not have changed while I was typing. I love MS products.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

RobWoodside8, May 3, 2019
  3. Toolbar text size

Thank you but this does not alter the text size on the toolbars, how can we amend the toolbar text sizes

MarkWilliams1962, May 3, 2019
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

I want to decrease the size of the text and alter the left margin, have tried everything...

Changing text and apps size to 125% zooms in the browsers

Hi Viktor,

You can try to reboot the computer once and check if the settings are restored.

You can also change the desktop icons' size by just pressing and holding the
    Ctrl
    key and scrolling up/down on your mouse.

To decrease the size of text, apps and other items, you can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System and Display tab.
    • Under Change size of text, apps and other items, move the size bar towards the left side to decrease the size.
    Also make sure that you have set the screen resolution to at least 1024x768 or more.

• Right click on the desktop screen.
    • Click on Display settings and select Advanced display settings.
    • Click on Resolution list and select at least 1024 X 768 size or above.
    • Click on Apply to save the setting and check if the issue persist.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, May 3, 2019
Thema:

I want to decrease the size of the text and alter the left margin, have tried everything...

1. I want to decrease the size of the text and alter the left margin, have tried everything... - Similar Threads - decrease size text

2. how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...: how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the personalizing steps in settings. Using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-size-of-windows-menus-and-the/8ac1b026-632e-426c-92fc-0447e05fbc99
  3. how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...: how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the personalizing steps in settings. Using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-size-of-windows-menus-and-the/8ac1b026-632e-426c-92fc-0447e05fbc99
  4. How to decrease the taskbar's preview window text size in Windows 10?

How to decrease the taskbar's preview window text size in Windows 10?: Hello everyone, I was playing around with the registry in the window metrics settings and must have changed some registry key so that the title text on the taskbar preview window is way too big. I found the default .reg file online for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...
  5. I cannot change the size of taskbar it doesnt increase nor decrease. I have tried all the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot change the size of taskbar it doesnt increase nor decrease. I have tried all the...: I cannot change the size of the taskbar it doesn't increase nor decrease. I have tried all the available methods i.e. using the mouse cursor, registry edit, ending explorer in task manager and restarting it but no use it's not working, any help would be greatly appreciated....
  6. Tiles are in left margin. I want them on the bottom.

Tiles are in left margin. I want them on the bottom.: Tiles are in left margin. I want them on the bottom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-are-in-left-margin-i-want-them-on-the-bottom/e5fdb7ba-bf42-4b72-9522-37aec182a6c7
  7. Icon size change. Tried everything!

Icon size change. Tried everything!: I have tried everything to get my icons to change back to a normal size. I had updated some drivers or other programs and it has been this way since. I've done the right-clicking, changes in display settings and have even talked to another expert. Help....
  8. brackets of any kind to the left of the margin

brackets of any kind to the left of the margin: I am trying to place brackets of any kind to the left of the margin in a Word 2010 document. In the image below, I would like to place the bracket from the words "Si viniera, me" to the words "buy you a house." Is this possible in Word 2010? [ATTACH]...
  9. Would increasing "the size of text, app and ..." decrease quality?

in Windows 10 Support
    Would increasing "the size of text, app and ..." decrease quality?: I have a 4k TV connected to my computer and it gets really really hard to see or read anything on the 4k TV from anywhere other than a very close distance. To fix that I have used the windows function of increased the size of text, apps and other items to %200. My question...
  10. Decreasing font size

Decreasing font size: How do I decrease the font size on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/decreasing-font-size/1fafafc5-cd47-4a13-8714-b92277ed8e9d