Windows 10: I want to delete a Work Account that should not be associated with my email

Discus and support I want to delete a Work Account that should not be associated with my email in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have had suspicious activity on my Microsoft account so logged in today to change my password. When I reached the login screen with my email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LesCahn, Sep 23, 2020.

1. LesCahn Win User

I want to delete a Work Account that should not be associated with my email

I have had suspicious activity on my Microsoft account so logged in today to change my password. When I reached the login screen with my email address, it told me there is a Work account associated with my email address that was created by my IT department. I have none and have no knowledge about this work account. I am unable to log into it and want to delete it. How can I accomplish that? I created my Microsoft account long after my retirement and have no business whatsoever, nor does anyone else use this computer. I also do not have an Outlook account that I am aware of.

Thanks for your help!

:)

LesCahn, Sep 23, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 23, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

request to sync deleted email account

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Are you receiving these emails from Microsoft?
    2. Is your Windows 10 associated with this email account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with the email account that is deleted to check if you are able to login and if the account is still active under Microsoft.

If you are able to login with your account and you wish to close the Microsoft account, you can follow the steps in this article on ‘How
    to close your Microsoft account
    ’ and see if it helps.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to delete a Work Account that should not be associated with my email - Similar Threads - delete Account should

2. i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...: i want to switch account and when added the new one, even when i have to delete something it asks me for password and says the file is associated with another account i dont want that to happen...
  3. i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...: i want to switch account and when added the new one, even when i have to delete something it asks me for password and says the file is associated with another account i dont want that to happen...
  4. i wanted to ask if i delete my local account will the files associated to it be deleted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can i delete a gmail email address associated microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i delete a gmail email address associated microsoft account: Ive someone who wants to delete an email account they used to sign in with Microsoft ecosystem. The initial account gmail has been deleted .They don't have a password to get into the account. and want the records remove from microsoft. A tech support number would be...
  6. Can i delete a gmail email address associated microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete a gmail email address associated microsoft account: Ive someone who wants to delete an email account they used to sign in with Microsoft ecosystem. The initial account gmail has been deleted .They don't have a password to get into the account. and want the records remove from microsoft. A tech support number would be...
  7. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  8. Email associated with deleted Microsoft account still appears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email associated with deleted Microsoft account still appears: Not sure if this is the correct section but cannot find more appropriate one. I deleted one of my Microsoft Accounts which had a Gmail email address last year. I now use a different Microsoft Account using different email addresses. Whenever I am asked to sign into my...
  9. Email associated with deleted Microsoft account still appears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email associated with deleted Microsoft account still appears: Earlier this year I deleted one of two Microsoft Accounts. Whenever I am asked to verify the email address of my Microsoft account to make changes it displays the email of the deleted account and not the remaining account and it cannot be changed. The deleted email address...
  10. create/ associate a windows account with work email

in Windows 10 Customization
    create/ associate a windows account with work email: So I have Matlab under a work license for my work email, so I was wondering if I could add that (organizational non hotmail) email to my microsoft/ personal computer account so I can use matlab from home at least I think thats the reason I can't seem to think of anything...