Windows 10: I want to delete "delete" from context menus.

Discus and support I want to delete "delete" from context menus. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I quite often hit delete when trying to paste or rename a file. They are simply too close together. Is there a way to remove the delete button from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckp, Feb 3, 2019.

1. chuckp Win User

I want to delete "delete" from context menus.

I quite often hit delete when trying to paste or rename a file. They are simply too close together. Is there a way to remove the delete button from the menu or maybe move it to the bottom of the menu? I can use cut/paste to delete items.

:)

chuckp, Feb 3, 2019

2. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Feb 3, 2019
  3. 180sx Win User
    Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

Hey mate (yes im from australia)

I had this problem just before and fixed it pretty easily.
    Have to use the good old command prompt and delete from there.
    Windows is just gettin shitter and shitter isnt it. might go back to DOS soon lol

Steps> CMD in run > go to the folder (start menu folder) > type: DEL (watever the filename is) and if it says from filename put in the shortname eg. 034Michael short would maybe be 034Mich~l or sumthing like that.

THIS WILL WORK, THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME 4 TIMES NOW LOL fukin vista!!*Bang Head :banghead:

180sx, Feb 3, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Explanations for deleted posts?

Like I said, it makes no sense in letting users see deleted posts, even if they are their own. That's why they were deleted in the first place. If they get to see who specifically deleted it, it only serves one purpose. Lets them bitch.

btarunr, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. I want to delete "delete" from context menus. - Similar Threads - delete delete context

2. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  3. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  4. Deleting temp files with secure delete context menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting temp files with secure delete context menu: Can i delete temp files with secure delete context menu, it it safe? Add Secure Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 182973
  5. How can I delete this items from the context menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I delete this items from the context menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/duradara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyvcph/how_can_i_delete_this_items_from_the_context_menu/
  6. I want to delete 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to delete 1909: I want to delete 1909, any one help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-1909/6cc1cfcc-b75f-4133-a5f9-0fbe804a261c"
  7. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...
  8. delete context menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024
  9. Recover Deleted Mail? No. I want it deleted. Period.

in Browsers and Email
    Recover Deleted Mail? No. I want it deleted. Period.: Someone probably asked about this so if u can kindly direct me to a previous post, I thank you in advance... But is there any way to disable Outlook's Office "Recover deleted email" or "Recover email from Microsoft Exchange" - whatever the heck that is. I am getting pretty...
  10. Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu: I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and when I use the file explorer, the "delete" and "cut" is missing from the context menu when I press right-click with mouse on the file and folder. Is there anyone that knows how to add these features into the context menu because it becomes...