Windows 10: I want to delete the system reserved partition

Discus and support I want to delete the system reserved partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, on the 3rd install of Windows 10 Home (after many tweaking accidents on the first two installs), I ended up with a system reserved partition. :/ I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ghot, May 28, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

I want to delete the system reserved partition

Ok, on the 3rd install of Windows 10 Home (after many tweaking accidents on the first two installs), I ended up with a system reserved partition. :/

I want to remove it, to make my backup software happier. I really don't want to install Windows 10... again.

Here's a screen shot from EaseUS Partition Master 13.5 Technician...
    It "looks" like the C: drive is bootable w/o the reserve partition, but I'm not 100% positive.

I want to delete the system reserved partition QxhYPLv.png

I want to delete the system reserved partition EEx7NaU.png

I want to delete the system reserved partition BsJC6KW.png

I have EaseUS Partition Master Technician Edition installed on Windows 10, and I have the good old Partition Wizard Boot CD as well.

IS it possible? What are my options?
    Oh, I also have Macrium Reflect 7 (free) installed and have IT'S boot CD too.

The one problem I do have, is that this is my ONLY computer. I don't have a smart phone either. So I can't look things up online, while I'm doing this.

Windows 10 Home x64
    OS Version 10.0.18363.836 (Win10 19H2 [1909] November 2019 Update)

/e I was trying to solve a video issue and reinstalled Windows 10 for the 4TH time! Once I discovered the issue was NOT a Windows problem, I restored from a Macrium backup. It didn't work the 1st time, so I used my old Partition EWizard boot CD to wipe everything on Disk 0. The restored again... it still wouldn't boot, so I loaded the Macrium Reflect boot CVDE again and used the option: "Fix booting problems", and I THINK it moved all the system/boot files to the actual C: drive???

:)

2. Deleting a "System Reserved" partition

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• What happens when you try to delete the System Reserved Partition?

• Do you receive any error code/message? If yes, what is the exact error code\message you get?
    I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if you are able to delete the System Reserved Partition.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer the article below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

The system reserved partition contains boot files, you may create a recovery drive before deleting it.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 28, 2020
  3. Anthony Gal, May 28, 2020
  4. poolmon Win User

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to delete the system reserved partition - Similar Threads - delete system reserved

2. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  3. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  4. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  5. Can I delete the System Reserved partition? I have both the Legacy System Reserved...

Can I delete the System Reserved partition? I have both the Legacy System Reserved...: Background Info: Today, I uninstalled Linux Mint by removing its partition, but my PC keeps trying to boot to "ubuntu" from the BIOS. After some investigation, I found out that I have both the old Legacy & new UEFI partitions for booting on my SSD. Since I recently changed...
  6. Deleting system reserved & recovery partitions on old HDD

Deleting system reserved & recovery partitions on old HDD: I recently installed an SSD and cloned W10 onto it from my old HDD Disk 0. I now want to use that HDD for storage, but as you can see from the screen grab it has a system reserved partition J: and a Recovery Partition on it. [ATTACH] How do I delete the redundant system...
  7. Delete Old System Reserved Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete Old System Reserved Partition?: Hi, I have just built a new PC and have installed a new installation of Windows on an NVMe drive. I then took out my old hard drives from my previous PC and installed them in my new one, I want to be able to use them all for storage. When I go into Disk Management I see all...
  8. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  9. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...
  10. Creating System Reserved Partition and Deleting Windows 7

Creating System Reserved Partition and Deleting Windows 7: Hi My husband wants me to remove Windows 7 from his computer so he is left with just windows 10. Sounds simple enough but there is a problem in that his active boot disk is the Windows 7 partition - he has no System Reserved or Recovery partitions, just Windows 7 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after deleting partition partition still remain