Windows 10: I want to delete Windows 10 without throwing HDD format

Discus and support I want to delete Windows 10 without throwing HDD format in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to delete Windows 10 without throwing HDD format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andlost42, Mar 5, 2021.

1. andlost42 Win User

I want to delete Windows 10 without throwing HDD format

:)

andlost42, Mar 5, 2021
  2. 1nf3rn0x Win User

How to format on Windows 7

I like this idea, very much

As with motherboard drivers, would windows do it for me? I should i go quickly download them before i format..?

1nf3rn0x, Mar 5, 2021
  3. UbErN00b Win User
    Need suggestions to recover deleted data from HDD

As is my username I was a bit of a big n00b this morning, installing a fresh Win8 and accidentally deleted my downloads HDD instead of my SSD, don't ask, I was hungover is all I can think.

It hasn't been formatted or touched since I pressed delete so am hopeful I can recover most of the files, any suggestions for software to do so?

UbErN00b, Mar 5, 2021
  4. doug4901 Win User

Format of USB HDDs failing

Thanks for the suggestion, .. I hadn't tried that.

I deleted the driver and then reconnected a USB external HDD, the PC loaded a new driver, but alas, I still can't format an external HDD

Regards
    Doug

doug4901, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. I want to delete Windows 10 without throwing HDD format - Similar Threads - delete without throwing

2. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  3. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  4. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Format: This might be a stupid Question lolHow do I tell for If an External USB HDD has been Formatted or not .... so I know for IF I NEED to Format it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-format/b956aefa-2570-4e3a-b8d6-e8715e386bba
  6. Formatted HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatted HDD: i Formatted a HDD to do a fresh install on my PC and when i try to reinstall windows 10 from a USB i can only get into the BIOS and i can't change the boot sequence to boot from the USB i even tried installing Ubuntu Instead and it still wouldn't work...
  7. Making Laptop's Internal HDD Bootable WITHOUT FORMATTING

Making Laptop's Internal HDD Bootable WITHOUT FORMATTING: I have a SSD with bad health which is my default bootloader. I can not replace the SSD at the moment. Is it possible to make my laptop's internal HDD bootable without having to format it ?...
  8. I want to format both my ssd and hdd and I need help.

I want to format both my ssd and hdd and I need help.: So I have a samsung 250gb ssd (C:) and a hdd (E:). My ssd contains windows on it along with some programs and my hdd has mostly games and programs. I want to format both of them, but I am unable to do it in Disk Managment. For both of them the format button is greyed out. How...
  9. Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?

Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?: Hello! I had to change laptops and swapped their hard drives and because of this, I had to install win 10 again using a bootable usb drive. Unfortunately, I didn't have any usb drive with a decent size and I had to use my external hard drive (where I had some tv shows...
  10. External hdd recognized in comp mgmt but wants to format

External hdd recognized in comp mgmt but wants to format: My external hdd can be opened in pc, but in laptop it wants to Format. It asks to give it another drive letter, which I do, but still says " do you want to format?" How can I get this drive to open? I also tried Disc Clean. Same message. Thanks, Paul 97925