Windows 10: I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC

Discus and support I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R Headrick, Aug 25, 2020.

1. I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC

I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC

:)

R Headrick, Aug 25, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 25, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC - Similar Threads - Delete old folder

2. I installed an ssd into my pc. I want to delete everything on my old drive, and install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed an ssd into my pc. I want to delete everything on my old drive, and install...: SSD is new and is 500gbHard drive is 1tbI want both fully clean and windows 10 installed on the ssd it is currently on the Hard Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-an-ssd-into-my-pc-i-want-to-delete/69fc3485-c81f-4398-b217-5b1e315d7a16
  3. I installed an ssd into my pc. I want to delete everything on my old drive, and install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed an ssd into my pc. I want to delete everything on my old drive, and install...: SSD is new and is 500gbHard drive is 1tbI want both fully clean and windows 10 installed on the ssd it is currently on the Hard Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-an-ssd-into-my-pc-i-want-to-delete/69fc3485-c81f-4398-b217-5b1e315d7a16
  4. I installed an ssd into my pc. I want to delete everything on my old drive, and install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to delete "Boot" folder from my old drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete "Boot" folder from my old drive: I am using windows 8.1 and renew my windows many time with connected hard drives of 4 TB and 2TB with very useful and personal data.How can I delete this folder without formatting my whole drive.When I install windows it boot up but with drive connected it says error to boot...
  6. How to delete "Boot" folder from my old drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete "Boot" folder from my old drive: I am using windows 8.1 and renew my windows many time with connected hard drives of 4 TB and 2TB with very useful and personal data.How can I delete this folder without formatting my whole drive.When I install windows it boot up but with drive connected it says error to boot...
  7. I want to delete One Drive from my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to delete One Drive from my PC: Reason being i have identical my photos on my hard drive. How do i eliminate photos off One Drive and not delete duplicates off of external hard drive. Please advise...
  8. I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them.

I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them.: I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC, thinking they would only delete from this folder and not their original file location. I understand now that this deleted all versions of the files. The files cannot be found in my recycle bin on my PC or my online...
  9. Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.

Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.: I was over my limit on OneDrive so I deleted folders that were pending to sync from OneDrive on the cloud. But these same folders were also deleted from my PC. I restored those folders from the cloud recycle bin but it did not restore the files that were pending to sync or...
  10. Old Windows folder delete

Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...