Windows 10: I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC

Discus and support I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R Headrick, Aug 25, 2020.

1. I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC

I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC

:)

R Headrick, Aug 25, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 25, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC - Similar Threads - Delete old folder

2. How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?: Hi, I have recently upgraded my pc and moved my second hard drive from my old pc to my new one. I put in a new C drive with more space so I don't need to install games from the Microsoft store onto my hard drive. I reinstalled all my games but cannot find a way to delete...
  3. I want to delete One Drive from my PC

I want to delete One Drive from my PC: Reason being i have identical my photos on my hard drive. How do i eliminate photos off One Drive and not delete duplicates off of external hard drive. Please advise...
  4. I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them.

I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them.: I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC, thinking they would only delete from this folder and not their original file location. I understand now that this deleted all versions of the files. The files cannot be found in my recycle bin on my PC or my online...
  5. Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.

Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.: I was over my limit on OneDrive so I deleted folders that were pending to sync from OneDrive on the cloud. But these same folders were also deleted from my PC. I restored those folders from the cloud recycle bin but it did not restore the files that were pending to sync or...
  6. Delete old backups from another PC

Delete old backups from another PC: I have an external HD where 3 different system image backups by windows were created in some other laptop. Now I have a different PC and I want to free disk space by deleting 2 of 3 backups. All searches in web show that I can use Control Panel > Windows 7 Restore and Backup...
  7. I WANT TO DELETE PROGRAM FILES ON MY PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I WANT TO DELETE PROGRAM FILES ON MY PC: I want to delete program files is my PC, cause the program files was on my SSD and make the ssd full of files. If i move to the 2nd HDD and delete that was in my SSD. is it will work properly???...
  8. Old Windows folder delete

Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...
  9. Cant delete windows old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant delete windows old folder: I have a 20GB file on my desktop called windows old. It won’tlet me delete manually. I have tried disc clean up, clean system files but thePrevious Windows installation(s) does not appear. The location is C:\Users\Newsmall laptop\Desktop. The file was created on 30 ‎October...
  10. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...