Windows 10: I want to desable my touchpad on a windows 10 desktop.

Discus and support I want to desable my touchpad on a windows 10 desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to desable my touchpad on a windows 10 desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillShrader, Oct 7, 2019.

1. I want to desable my touchpad on a windows 10 desktop.

I want to desable my touchpad on a windows 10 desktop.

:)

BillShrader, Oct 7, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 7, 2019
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Oct 7, 2019
  4. I want to desable my touchpad on a windows 10 desktop.

Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

I want to desable my touchpad on a windows 10 desktop.

1. I want to desable my touchpad on a windows 10 desktop. - Similar Threads - desable touchpad desktop

2. Touchpad won't work like I want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad won't work like I want: My recently purchased laptop has a Synaptic SMBus Touchpad Version 19.0.19.73 that won't allow me to scroll using one finger along the side of the pad or scroll from anywhere on a page. I have to move the cursor over to the scroll bar then use one hand to hold down the left...
  3. I want to adjust sensitivity of my Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to adjust sensitivity of my Touchpad: I am using HP Pavilion laptop. I think the sensitivity is too high there. Is there a method to adjust sensitivity? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-adjust-sensitivity-of-my-touchpad/92aeadf0-6951-4f2e-b2f5-bc1630c38287
  4. The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!

The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!: Seems like such a basic thing but I can't figure it out! Somehow (update or my children*eyeroll*) my main desktop is the Windows bunch of boxes and flippy squares - it's distracting and I hate it. I just want my static old school icon based desktop. Anyone know how to switch...
  5. i want my old desktop explore 10

i want my old desktop explore 10: where is explore 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-old-desktop-explore-10/2d5673d4-9b6f-475d-a3f8-d55990e6f566
  6. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...
  7. I want my windows 10 desktop to look like Windows 7 and show my desktop files

I want my windows 10 desktop to look like Windows 7 and show my desktop files: My wife wants me to change the view on the windows 10 desktop back to windows 7 for ease of use. I've tried multiple ways and googled the task, but have failed. Any help out there?...
  8. Putting anything I want on desktop, windows 10

Putting anything I want on desktop, windows 10: How do I make a picture my desktop? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-anything-i-want-on-desktop-windows-10/0143e789-6ed9-4088-bb6d-7c3718695cf7
  9. when I turn on my computer with Windows 10, I want to go to desktop.

when I turn on my computer with Windows 10, I want to go to desktop.: when I turn on computer I want to go to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-with-windows-10-i-want/78482edc-ed29-481e-9f85-a329b9874d51
  10. trouble shooter desabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trouble shooter desabled: windows online troubleshooter services are not enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/trouble-shooter-desabled/f654780b-b374-4f07-a3c8-4bab4402505b