Windows 10: I want to disable OneDrive

Discus and support I want to disable OneDrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don’t use it but notifications keep popping up when I start my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by camilo andrestorres, Dec 10, 2019.

1. I want to disable OneDrive

I don’t use it but notifications keep popping up when I start my PC

:)

camilo andrestorres, Dec 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 10, 2019
  3. mousegolf Win User
    Disable OneDrive

Thanks for your suggestion but redundancy in a forum is inherent. Just like making suggestions to other users who have 20 years experience with online forums. *Wink

mousegolf, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

I want to disable OneDrive

Disable OneDrive

I thought I had made this clear already:

• I use the same MS account on each W10TP machine, real or virtual
    • All W10TP machines are single boot
    • The location of OneDrive folder on each machine is exactly the same, on real machines E:\Users\\OneDrive, on virtual machines C:\Users\\OneDrive
    • Location of OneDrive folder is irrelevant having nothing to do with this issue
    • Sync enabled or disabled is irrelevant having nothing to do with this issue
    • Issue can be reproduced for 100% sure in all my installations whatever folder location or sync settings have been used simply by killing the Explorer.exe process and relaunching it which will automatically present the OneDrive first run splash screen
    I cannot make this any clearer.

Thema:

I want to disable OneDrive

1. I want to disable OneDrive - Similar Threads - disable OneDrive

2. disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer: First of all I deliberately deleted Onedrive because I don't want to use OneDrive. I want only LOCAL backup on MY computer. When I deleted the one drive files my LOCAL files were also deleted. I managed to restore the local files but I still want to TOTALLY disable ONEDrive...
  3. disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer: First of all I deliberately deleted Onedrive because I don't want to use OneDrive. I want only LOCAL backup on MY computer. When I deleted the one drive files my LOCAL files were also deleted. I managed to restore the local files but I still want to TOTALLY disable ONEDrive...
  4. How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.: How do I reinstall win10 without any of the onedrive ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-disable-all-of-onedrive-when/05ef1842-d0c1-49da-a47b-3f912661c8b2
  5. How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.

How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.: How do I reinstall win10 without any of the onedrive ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-disable-all-of-onedrive-when/05ef1842-d0c1-49da-a47b-3f912661c8b2
  6. How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?: Hello,I just began logging into my computer and noticed it had a prompt telling me to "Download the One Drive mobile app" before I press the space bar to enter my password credentials at access me desktop.How do I remove this prompt? I don't use One Drive, have no interest in...
  8. How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?

How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?: Hello,I just began logging into my computer and noticed it had a prompt telling me to "Download the One Drive mobile app" before I press the space bar to enter my password credentials at access me desktop.How do I remove this prompt? I don't use One Drive, have no interest in...
  9. How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. ONEDRIVE is disabled, but WORD files still syncing between 2 laptops using same MS account...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE is disabled, but WORD files still syncing between 2 laptops using same MS account...: any idea on how to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-disabled-but-word-files-still-syncing/b5d8daf0-9335-4b2f-b344-c82dae460e19