Windows 10: I want to disable sign in

Discus and support I want to disable sign in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop with windows 10, and i kind of hate it. I don't want to sign into the computer with my microsoft account, and i don't want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ceno_Turk, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Ceno_Turk Win User

I want to disable sign in

I just got a new laptop with windows 10, and i kind of hate it. I don't want to sign into the computer with my microsoft account, and i don't want to have to sign in to the computer every time i turn it on. the netplwiz trick doesn't appear to work for me, perhaps because i am the only user, so it's not providing me with the option of selecting that the user no longer needs a password to sign in. how else can i stop having to sign in? i am the only person who is going to be using this computer and it's not even going to leave my house. i just want to turn it on as to that, how do i tell it to turn on when i open the lid?? because apparently that's not available in the settings either!, have it wake/boot/load/start up/whatever, and then go on my merry way. please help! thanks!!!

:)

Ceno_Turk, Nov 26, 2020

2. Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Nov 26, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 26, 2020
  4. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to disable sign in - Similar Threads - disable sign

2. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  3. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  4. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: So I found the best way to circumvent this is by just waiting 2 hours, but I don't want to have this be my new normal, it's now the second time this happen, what can I do to prevent this from happening, I tried adding a new password, but ask me about hello which I don't...
  6. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: So I found the best way to circumvent this is by just waiting 2 hours, but I don't want to have this be my new normal, it's now the second time this happen, what can I do to prevent this from happening, I tried adding a new password, but ask me about hello which I don't...
  7. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".: We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."We do...
  8. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".: We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."We do...
  9. How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?: Hi Windows friends, the Windows is password protected, it has a sign-in or login-in page and the time is displayed, how can the time not be displayed on sign-in or login-in page?In the Settings, in the 'Personalize Sign-in', there's show Xbox, Calendar and other, I've set it...
  10. How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?

How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?: Hi Windows friends, the Windows is password protected, it has a sign-in or login-in page and the time is displayed, how can the time not be displayed on sign-in or login-in page?In the Settings, in the 'Personalize Sign-in', there's show Xbox, Calendar and other, I've set it...