Windows 10: I want to disable sign in

Discus and support I want to disable sign in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop with windows 10, and i kind of hate it. I don't want to sign into the computer with my microsoft account, and i don't want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ceno_Turk, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Ceno_Turk Win User

I want to disable sign in

I just got a new laptop with windows 10, and i kind of hate it. I don't want to sign into the computer with my microsoft account, and i don't want to have to sign in to the computer every time i turn it on. the netplwiz trick doesn't appear to work for me, perhaps because i am the only user, so it's not providing me with the option of selecting that the user no longer needs a password to sign in. how else can i stop having to sign in? i am the only person who is going to be using this computer and it's not even going to leave my house. i just want to turn it on as to that, how do i tell it to turn on when i open the lid?? because apparently that's not available in the settings either!, have it wake/boot/load/start up/whatever, and then go on my merry way. please help! thanks!!!

:)

Ceno_Turk, Nov 26, 2020

2. Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Nov 26, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 26, 2020
  4. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to disable sign in - Similar Threads - disable sign

2. Is it possible to disable lock screen and show only sign-in screen when the pc is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to disable lock screen and show only sign-in screen when the pc is...: as title. submitted by /u/megablue [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kv7ca0/is_it_possible_to_disable_lock_screen_and_show/
  3. How to disable windows sign in everything I start the pc ?

How to disable windows sign in everything I start the pc ?: I got a new pc and finally signed in with my microsoft account but now everytime I start the pc or restart it wants me to sign in. I thought I disabled this crap because I don't have anybody else besides my parents using my pc. I have selected never on the "require sign in...
  4. How to disable account password as a way to sign into my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable account password as a way to sign into my computer?: Hi i just want to be able to use ONLY the pin and not have an option to use my account password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-account-password-as-a-way-to-sign/26205c95-5438-4d62-99ec-4f9dd7abb223
  5. Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ?

Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7mkok/why_does_windows_try_to_sign_in_automatically_and/
  6. Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, you can decide how long you want each image to be […] This article Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How can I completely disable microsoft sign-in in Windows 10 home?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I completely disable microsoft sign-in in Windows 10 home?: Hi! I have a computer with windows 10 home. In that computer I have a user I use as guest. But, instead of making a "guest" user without password, that user is called "A" and has a simple password. When any user logins as "A" after some random windows update, he/she is...
  8. How to disable sign in

How to disable sign in: Hi reddit, So I was wondering weather its possible to disable sign in. So when, on the lock screen, I press space bar or whatever, theres a button that says sign in and upon pressing it it just signs me on something like that (NOT REMOVING THE LOCK SCREEN ENTIRLY). Its...
  9. How to disable Sign-in options in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Sign-in options in Windows Settings: [ATTACH]If you want to disable the Sign-in options page in the Windows Settings panel, […] This article How to disable Sign-in options in Windows Settings first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Disable PIN Sign In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable PIN Sign In: I just "upgraded" my Windows 10 system to 20H2...and one of the "gifts" the wonderful programmers at Microsoft included forced me to provide a PIN for logging in to my desktop. After which my password doesn't work anymore! To be clear, I can sign in with the PIN...but...