Windows 10: I want to display an XML file data on my lock screen

Discus and support I want to display an XML file data on my lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i have an .XML file that i update daily and would like to figure out a way to display certain information in that file on my lock screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Izaiaht, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Izaiaht Win User

I want to display an XML file data on my lock screen

Hello,

i have an .XML file that i update daily and would like to figure out a way to display certain information in that file on my lock screen.

More specifically, i work for a large company and we have 350+ computers that syncronize to my computer. There is an app that must be up to date and right now the managers have to log in to each computer to make sure the app us up to date. if i could pull the date from this XML file and display it on the lock screen it would save SO much tome for my managers.

:)

Izaiaht, Sep 11, 2019

2. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 11, 2019
  3. magibeg Win User
    XML Data Binding

I was going through one of my old XML books to brush up on things and i cannot for the life of me do any simple data binding using xml.

Assuming all of the files are in the same folder I should be able to create a data island with this line:

<xml id="pageInfo" src="fpinfo.xml"></xml>

Where the src is a file in the same folder.

Then in the body i should only need this:

<div id="pageTitle" datasrc="#pageInfo" datafld="title"></div>

Given that there is a title field in the fpinfo.xml. It just doesn't work though. Tried a couple different tutorials in the book and i can't make it happen. Am i doing something obvious and silly?

magibeg, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. I want to display an XML file data on my lock screen - Similar Threads - display XML file

2. XML page cannot be displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XML page cannot be displayed: security settings do not allow the execution of script code within this style sheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-page-cannot-be-displayed/12d2f448-ba49-4244-8e15-10d93a5e6786
  3. XML page cannot be displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XML page cannot be displayed: security settings do not allow the execution of script code within this style sheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-page-cannot-be-displayed/12d2f448-ba49-4244-8e15-10d93a5e6786
  4. XML Files

XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  5. I want to lock the folders/files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to lock the folders/files: So, I followed and tutorial to clear space and they said without any explanations why they were doing such things. My question is; how does one get this, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click to Continue to permanently get access to this folder"...
  6. Want to personalize my lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Want to personalize my lock screen.: After an update my old background pic & photo of myself disappeared : Now its a black background and no photo. How can I personalize it again ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-personalize-my-lock-screen/961a1bc5-f610-42a6-a54a-7e190c50ef53
  7. XML page cannot be displayed....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XML page cannot be displayed....: Dear Community, *-Have Windows 10 Pro in S mode.(ALL settings are Microsoft!). *-Update tell me EVERY time "The XML page cannot be displayed. Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and click the refresh button, or try again later. Security...
  8. Locked Computer displays secure data

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Computer displays secure data: I've worded this specifically because what can occur is exactly this. If I have a screen open on my computer when I lock it, initially the screen locks normally. However, if I'm gone for a while and return, when I move my mouse pointer to wake it from screen saver mode, it...
  9. I want to display info from an XML file on my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to display info from an XML file on my lock screen: Hello, i have an .XML file that i update daily and would like to figure out a way to display certain information in that file on my lock screen. More specifically, i work for a large company and we have 350+ computers that syncronize to my computer. There is an app that...
  10. CSV to XML script not showing data

CSV to XML script not showing data: Hello everyone, Firstly, I don't know if this thread belongs in Software and Apps, if it doesn't feel free to move it to the correct sub-forum so I know for later where to put problems like this. To the problem now... I have been trying to export a huge CSV file via...