Windows 10: I want to do a factory reset on my HP Stream Laptop but it gives a space error

Discus and support I want to do a factory reset on my HP Stream Laptop but it gives a space error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to do a factory reset on my HP Stream Laptop but it says that I need 3.58 GB of storage on my internal drive to do it. I just want a fresh start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArianHenkis, Nov 24, 2019.

1. I want to do a factory reset on my HP Stream Laptop but it gives a space error

I want to do a factory reset on my HP Stream Laptop but it says that I need 3.58 GB of storage on my internal drive to do it. I just want a fresh start for my laptop and I want to know if there is any quick and easy to understand way of freeing up space/ performing the factory reset.... please be as detailed with ur answers if you can help me. Thanks.

PS. I just bought a WD 2TB external drive and was thinking that maybe I could use that to help with the whole reset process but I don't know how to use anything.

:)

ArianHenkis, Nov 24, 2019

2. I'm trying to reset my hp stream to factory settings and it is telling me (additional free space is needed) I've tried just about everything

I'm trying to reset my hp stream laptop back to factory settings and it's telling me I need (additional free space is needed) I have tried just about everything

gordongiguere, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    HP Stream Laptop

Hi there,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. What is the total hard disk space of your laptop?

I would suggest you to take a backup of all your user data, after which you can try and perform the steps to

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Check if that helps.

Please get back to us if you need any further suggestions.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 24, 2019
  4. I want to do a factory reset on my HP Stream Laptop but it gives a space error

HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

I want to do a factory reset on my HP Stream Laptop but it gives a space error

1. I want to do a factory reset on my HP Stream Laptop but it gives a space error - Similar Threads - factory reset Stream

2. I have a hp laptop and I want to factory reset it please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a hp laptop and I want to factory reset it please: HelloMy hp 15 laptop is working really slow. And I want to factory reset it please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-hp-laptop-and-i-want-to-factory-reset-it/147033cb-0c0c-4d21-868a-6178276765d0
  3. I have a hp laptop and I want to factory reset it please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a hp laptop and I want to factory reset it please: HelloMy hp 15 laptop is working really slow. And I want to factory reset it please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-hp-laptop-and-i-want-to-factory-reset-it/147033cb-0c0c-4d21-868a-6178276765d0
  4. Help setting up HP stream laptop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help setting up HP stream laptop after factory reset: No one remembered password so it was factory reset. When trying to set it back up again, it asks which language then says to connect to network. It says WiFi is turned off. There is no option to turn it on. How do I do this to continue setting up this laptop?...
  5. My Windows 11 HP Stream 14" Blue Laptop will not factory reset like I want it to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 HP Stream 14" Blue Laptop will not factory reset like I want it to.: I go into the settings to factory reset this laptop so I can return it to the store, but it will not reset. It sits on the screen saying that it is 30% through resetting for about 30 minutes and then changes to a screen saying it couldn't reset. Someone please help me with...
  6. My Windows 11 HP Stream 14" Blue Laptop will not factory reset like I want it to.

My Windows 11 HP Stream 14" Blue Laptop will not factory reset like I want it to.: I go into the settings to factory reset this laptop so I can return it to the store, but it will not reset. It sits on the screen saying that it is 30% through resetting for about 30 minutes and then changes to a screen saying it couldn't reset. Someone please help me with...
  7. Can’t factory reset my hp stream !! HELPPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t factory reset my hp stream !! HELPPP: I was given my cousins HP Stream laptop and I’m trying to factory reset it but it is saying that it needs more space to allow a reset. There’s nothing on the computer and it runs slow and glitches out so I just want to completely factory reset it. I’ve tried everything and...
  8. Can’t factory reset my hp stream !! HELPPP

Can’t factory reset my hp stream !! HELPPP: I was given my cousins HP Stream laptop and I’m trying to factory reset it but it is saying that it needs more space to allow a reset. There’s nothing on the computer and it runs slow and glitches out so I just want to completely factory reset it. I’ve tried everything and...
  9. Hp stream laptop disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp stream laptop disk space: I don't get much space on my disk, 25gb and the laptops needed files are about 11gb and I have a flash drive with 128gb but nothing seems to work or want to download in it. is it possible for things to work from a flash drive? Other than that I have problems getting rid of...
  10. HP stream-factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP stream-factory reset: I forgot my password, and I'm trying to factory reset so I can recycle it. Whenever I try to delete everything, it keeps tellingme there is insufficient space to factory reset it. Please help!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my hp stream keeps saying there was a problem resetting your pc how can i reset it

2. how to make room on ho stream to factory reset it

3. how to find more disk space on hp stream laptop to upgrade 1803 to 1909