Windows 10: I want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do

Discus and support I want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I feel like my pc has so much random things on it and I didn’t stay organized so I want to reset it. I don’t want to keep any of the old files I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SUN29_, Jul 15, 2020.

1. /u/SUN29_ Win User

I want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do

I feel like my pc has so much random things on it and I didn’t stay organized so I want to reset it. I don’t want to keep any of the old files I want it to be fresh, but I also want to keep the same windows login that I have now. Should I do reset this pc or fresh start? Thank you!

submitted by /u/SUN29_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SUN29_, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jul 15, 2020
  3. I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Jul 15, 2020
  4. I want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do

If I do a PC Reset will the wifi adapter driver be removed during the reset as it's how I get my internet service in the first place?

HiI want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do :)...I need to do a PC reset with my computer as I have a js virus in it and can't get rid of it(keeps coming back-showing up) so thought I could do a PC reset and finally get rid of it but when I clicked the next step and to keep files it told me a
    list of things that will be removed and my wifi adapter driver is one of the things to be removed in this list so if I start the PC Reset will my wifi be lost during the Reset?I need the wifi adapter to work as that is how I get my internet so not sure what
    to do at this point and need any help I can get?

missyk1963, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

I want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do

1. I want to do reset my pc but im not sure which reset to do - Similar Threads - reset sure reset

2. How do I reset my PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my PC!: My PC got hacked because of Tutorial free gd game, And it got hacked, password, I tried going in recovery mode, reset it and it won't reset! Can someone help? I tried everything, image restore, CMD, and many more, And I don't have a USB or even DVD to repair it! Please tell...
  3. how do I reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I reset my pc?: I tried going to settings, update and security, recovery, then clicked get started on reset this pc but the setttings just crashes or freezes after i try to open it. After a minute of trying to open it, i get an error on msedge.exe that says entry point...
  4. How do I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my PC?: I have lost my admin account on my PC. Somehow. And the other account left was my old account that I barely used. I have to reset my PC, which I am fine with, because all of the data is useless. It's causing some difficulties for me to use. So I asked for help. I have gone...
  5. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to reset my pc: Hello .I want to reset my pc but I want to keep the activation key for windows. can I do that? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc/7432319a-8718-4079-a6f3-c0dfb74c3083
  6. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to reset my pc: Hello .I want to reset my pc but I want to keep the activation key for windows. can I do that? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc/7432319a-8718-4079-a6f3-c0dfb74c3083
  7. i want to reset my pc

8. I want to reset my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to reset my PC.: Hi, My pc got corrupt and I'm looking to reset it. It's not showing any reset options and won't boot up. So only options is command prompt. I don't have a restore point or additional USB. Can I entirely reset it with cmd ? I'm not able to do it after diskpart with systemreset...
  9. Do I need to reset my PC?

Do I need to reset my PC?: Hello dear good question forum, short and sweet: I was annoyed a few minutes ago by the fact that I constantly have to type my password into my lock screen. So after a short googling with "netplwiz" I unchecked the box above and so I thought I'd remove the password and...
  10. Which reset do I do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which reset do I do: I have a virus and have backed up the files I need, which reset should I do? Also would it be ok to reset without reinstalling windows and if so which one is that? submitted by /u/kingkongjamaica [link] [comments]...