Windows 10: I want to eject ExFAT partition from Windows but it says:

Discus and support I want to eject ExFAT partition from Windows but it says: in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device" However, I don't think it's currently in use. Or, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by satel, Oct 6, 2020.

1. satel Win User

I want to eject ExFAT partition from Windows but it says:

"This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device"

However, I don't think it's currently in use. Or, I don't know what could be using it. Is there a way to force quit any programs or windows that might be using the device without knowing what it is?

:)

satel, Oct 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Mike0409 Win User

exFat

If anyone hasn't heard of exFat, take a look at this. exFAT - Wikipedia

Just swapped to exFat on all my portable drives. I got really frustrated with 4Gb file limitations on my portable drives, as well as limited partition sizes. And i don't use Linux or any other OS to much (Tho i should probably have a Linux box built just for formatting drives). And now that there's a patch for XP as well to support compatibility, i believe its worth it.

Mike0409, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to eject ExFAT partition from Windows but it says: - Similar Threads - eject ExFAT partition

2. exFAT files and Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exFAT files and Windows: Hi there, as someone who isnt familiar with lots of files ect, I would like some help with a problem I have encountered recently. I bought an microSDcard for my laptop for extra storage I have an Acer Aspire and inserted it with a carrier into a USB reader. The next message...
  3. Resizing exFAT partition with Windows results in corruption of drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing exFAT partition with Windows results in corruption of drive?: Resizing a drive's exFAT partition with Windows 11 results in corruption of drive and loss of data.Steps:1. Insert flash drive. Use an empty spare. Warning: Data may be lost!2. Format drive to exFAT file system.3. Go to Windows Settings, System, Storage, Storage management,...
  4. Resizing exFAT partition with Windows results in corruption of drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing exFAT partition with Windows results in corruption of drive?: Resizing a drive's exFAT partition with Windows 11 results in corruption of drive and loss of data.Steps:1. Insert flash drive. Use an empty spare. Warning: Data may be lost!2. Format drive to exFAT file system.3. Go to Windows Settings, System, Storage, Storage management,...
  5. How do I partition my external exFAT hard drive in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I partition my external exFAT hard drive in Windows 10?: Hello, there. I'm having a lot of difficulty formatting and partitioning my external Seagate hard drive on my Samsung Notebook 9 Pro. There doesn't seem to be an option for me to partition the hard drive. I've looked through Disk Management and I don't have any sort of...
  6. Numbers of my ExFAT partition is shown differently from Mac

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers of my ExFAT partition is shown differently from Mac: I have a 18 gb exfat partition in my external drive. On my Mac: Capacity: 17.86 GB Used: 15.83 GB Available: 2.03 GB On my Windows (exact same files) Capacity: 16.6 GB Used: 14.7 GB Free: 1.88 GB Which is correct? 168133
  7. Is there eject option for exFAT on Windows?

Is there eject option for exFAT on Windows?: I'm using Bootcamp on Mac, and I'm not seeing an eject option for exFAT, but I heard if you pull it off without ejecting it, it can corrupt the data. In Mac there is an eject icon that you can click on. 165800
  8. How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive.: I have an external hard drive with 120gb unallocated space on it, when I try to extend my main partition the option is greyed out. Is there any way to extend the partition to make it all one partition?[ATTACH]...
  9. Accidentally 'Ejected' "D:Windows" from new install - How to recover the partition?

Accidentally 'Ejected' "D:Windows" from new install - How to recover the partition?: New Computer with a fresh install of Windows 10. There is only one 1tb SSD on the system. The "This PC" tab originally (aka earlier this evening) showed two partitions/drives, a "C" drive of 930 GB and a "D" drive which held the Windows installation (it had about 5 gb...
  10. ExFAT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ExFAT: I have Samsung SSD with exFAT file system.Can I use for Win10 download? 8215