Windows 10: I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to.

Discus and support I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to enable the extended UK English keyboard, but I cannot find any option to do so. [ATTACH] There is no option to add the Extended keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ruairidh McCrindle, Oct 24, 2019.

1. I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to.

I want to enable the extended UK English keyboard, but I cannot find any option to do so. I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to. d97b8a10-05fc-42ea-9bef-59fc1086862e?upload=true.png

There is no option to add the Extended keyboard when I look through this list. I am not sure what to do, and am getting rather frustrated.

:)

Ruairidh McCrindle, Oct 24, 2019
  2. keith_uk Win User

Install UK Extended keyboard [ENG UKX] and remove UK keyboard [ENG UK]

Hi John,

I think maybe uploaded the wrong screen shot. I had been playing around with the adding and removing the UK keyboard as well as the extended keyboard.

The current situation is that I can remove the UK keyboard and then I only see the two options, UK Extended and Thai, as required.

However, the UK keyboard periodically reappears in the win+space list. When that happens, if go to the language options it is not displayed under the input options list (even though it appears win+space list). To fix it, I have to add the UK keyboard, then
    delete it.

keith_uk, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 24, 2019
  4. keith_uk Win User

I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to.

Install UK Extended keyboard [ENG UKX] and remove UK keyboard [ENG UK]

I have two languages installed. English (United Kingdom) and Thai (ไทย). I have the UK Extended Keyboard enabled. When I press
    WindowsKey + Space Bar, I cycle thought three input options: UK, UK Extended, and
    Thai. I want to cycle through only two options: UK Extended and
    Thai. How can I remove the UK keyboard (and keep the UK Extended Keyboard)?

This is what I see when I press WindowsKey + Space Bar

I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to. 9eb25283-a61e-48d3-885f-c9bfac9eb587?upload=true.jpg

These are the installed languages

I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to. 88c365ef-63c4-4f87-8023-c0fc6af503b2?upload=true.jpg

This is the selected Input Method

I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to. f46a81a7-c012-48f4-9575-a754e7b5b8b5?upload=true.jpg

keith_uk, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to.

1. I want to enable the extended UK English Keyboard, but there doesn't seem to be an option to. - Similar Threads - enable extended English

2. Keyboard options has a bugged out UK option that I don't want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard options has a bugged out UK option that I don't want: There is this option for an English United Kingdom keyboard that I don't want. however it doesnt show up in the list of installed keyboards nor does United States-International show up as a language pack optionIf i add the UK keyboard it ends up with these cursed optionsit...
  3. Keyboard options has a bugged out UK option that I don't want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard options has a bugged out UK option that I don't want: There is this option for an English United Kingdom keyboard that I don't want. however it doesnt show up in the list of installed keyboards nor does United States-International show up as a language pack optionIf i add the UK keyboard it ends up with these cursed optionsit...
  4. Keyboard layout button shows English UK US option which doesn't exist in the Language and...

Keyboard layout button shows English UK US option which doesn't exist in the Language and...: How do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-layout-button-shows-english-uk-us-option/f31d8ddb-83e9-469a-bebb-ed14fb992482
  5. Keyboard layout button shows English UK US option which doesn't exist in the Language and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout button shows English UK US option which doesn't exist in the Language and...: How do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-layout-button-shows-english-uk-us-option/f31d8ddb-83e9-469a-bebb-ed14fb992482
  6. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  7. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  8. How to remove English UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove English UK keyboard?: I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab there is English UK keyboard. It all would be fine if not that " and @ signs are mixed and this is quite annoying. Can...
  9. English UK.

in Windows 10 Customization
    English UK.: I keep getting: English USA when I select: 'Language,' even though I make it default English UK in the language box. It jumps back to: USA continuously. WhY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-uk/5833a679-f4cd-483a-8750-82e703be2b84
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942