Windows 10: I want to exchannge my surface laptop 3 13.5 in for 15 in bc its too small

Discus and support I want to exchannge my surface laptop 3 13.5 in for 15 in bc its too small in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought the laptop 4 days ago and it came yesterday. I realized its too small for my needs and want to exchange it. I don't see a return button on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DylanIsak, Feb 25, 2021.

1. DylanIsak Win User

I want to exchannge my surface laptop 3 13.5 in for 15 in bc its too small

I bought the laptop 4 days ago and it came yesterday. I realized its too small for my needs and want to exchange it. I don't see

a return button on my order history?

Dylan

:)

DylanIsak, Feb 25, 2021
  2. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, I want to exchannge my surface laptop 3 13.5 in for 15 in bc its too small :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Janette_Z Win User

Surface Laptop 3 15 reinstall windows

Hi, Никита тарасов!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We are sorry if you are encountering issues performing the Surface Recovery Image steps.

May I know if it is 16GB or 32GB? Bigger storage will not work due to partition issues. Any of the two will do when to complete the steps on your Surface Laptop 3. If it is, make sure it is formatted to FAT32 before loading the
    downloaded file for your device from the Surface Recovery Image
    page.

Please be reminded of the following when performing the steps:

• This option reimages the entire device, including the partition on the hard drive.
    • It is the most complete form of reset.
    • You will also need to reinstall desktop apps and need to run updates after completion.
    • If the issue occurs after a reset, then the root cause is very likely hardware related.

Once you have the needed materials, please follow the steps below:

1. Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in, and then insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port.
    2. Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button.
    3. When the Microsoft or Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.
    4. When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    5. Select Troubleshoot, and then select Recover from a drive. If prompted for a recovery key, select
      Skip this drive at the bottom of the screen.

Note: Be sure to select the Troubleshoot option on this screen. Don’t select the
      Use a device option. If you select the Use a device option, your Surface will reboot from the USB recovery drive again and the reset process will start over.
    6. Choose either Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive. The option to clean the drive is more secure but takes much longer. For example, if you’re recycling your Surface, you should clean the drive. If you’re
      keeping your Surface, you just need to remove your files.
    7. Select Recover. Surface restarts and displays the Surface logo while the reset process continues. This can take several minutes.

If this works, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on
    Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

Kind regards,

Janette_Z, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. I want to exchannge my surface laptop 3 13.5 in for 15 in bc its too small - Similar Threads - exchannge surface laptop

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface 8 Pro screen too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 8 Pro screen too small: My new Surface Pro 8 crashed while installing a program so I had to rebuild it from scratch using the windows recovery steps. Now the screen is too small. It has an empty black space on the left side and programs and desktop icons don't fit on the screen see photos. I have...
  4. Surface 8 Pro screen too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface 8 Pro screen too small: My new Surface Pro 8 crashed while installing a program so I had to rebuild it from scratch using the windows recovery steps. Now the screen is too small. It has an empty black space on the left side and programs and desktop icons don't fit on the screen see photos. I have...
  5. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 13

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 13: Hello, I am Nyeem. My device ask me to update the Laptop so i did, and it updated for 4 days now it just shows a black screen with the window simbol so u see, i need information about this black screen and how to fix it. Thank You for your service....
  6. Surface Book 3 15" Availability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 3 15" Availability: Noticed the Surface Book 3 went on sale about a week ago, but the 15" ones are out of stock. I further noticed they are listing the 32gb / 1tb as sold out, but not listing the 32gb/2tb one at all on either Microsoft store or Best Buy. B&H Photo seems both them in-stock. Is...
  7. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 hibernates too fast after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Laptop 3 hibernates too fast after sleep: In the advanced power plan settings, Windows 10 allows us to configure "Sleep after x minutes" and "Hibernate after x minutes". Whenever I set "Hibernate after x minutes" to a value != 'Never', my Surface Laptop 3 hibernates after sleeping for a much shorter amount of time...
  9. Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13"

Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13": So, recently I started seeing these red dots and lines on the lock screen of my black 13" i5-256GB-8GB Laptop 3. They've started to appear on my desktop and in apps, as well. However, when screenshotted, they disappear, so I had to take photos of it on my phone. [IMG]...
  10. Surface Laptop 3

Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...