Windows 10: I want to extend my screen space

Discus and support I want to extend my screen space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I play full screen games and need to extend my screen space. That’s why I decided to buy a monitor to connect it to my laptop. But this monitor has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Serge BB, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Serge BB Win User

I want to extend my screen space

I play full screen games and need to extend my screen space. That’s why I decided to buy a monitor to connect it to my laptop. But this monitor has a black screen when connected. Please, help me..

:)

Serge BB, Oct 9, 2018
  2. UserTen Win User

Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Okay...thanks. Will look at it tomorrow. FYI, I figured out how to get that unformatted G partition back into D.

In Disk Management, I right clicked G and selected "Delete Volume." That rendered the partition as unallocated. I was then able to extend D with that space.

Thanks again for all of the help!

I want to extend my screen space [​IMG]

UserTen, Oct 9, 2018
  3. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 9, 2018
  4. -xKevin- Win User

How to extend C partition

I don't understand stemp 2. What's the volume number for C:? What do I put for [size=<size>]?

-xKevin-, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. I want to extend my screen space - Similar Threads - extend screen space

2. Why my ssd showing 79 gb free space? Also if i wanted to extend the 79 gb it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my ssd showing 79 gb free space? Also if i wanted to extend the 79 gb it is not...: How to solve this problem? Somehow my 79 gb unallocated space is showing as free space,and thats why i also cannot extend this 79 gb unallocated space....
  3. Why my ssd showing 79 gb free space? Also if i wanted to extend the 79 gb it is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my ssd showing 79 gb free space? Also if i wanted to extend the 79 gb it is not...: How to solve this problem? Somehow my 79 gb unallocated space is showing as free space,and thats why i also cannot extend this 79 gb unallocated space....
  4. Extending space on C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending space on C drive: My Question: my disc manager space distribution looks like this: i.e., print screen below. On Disc 1 I would like to extend "C" using the space from New Volume J . Is this possible? Disc 1 is a solid state 1TB. I am not sure if this can be done! Can you please advise me?...
  5. Extending space on C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending space on C drive: My Question: my disc manager space distribution looks like this: i.e., print screen below. On Disc 1 I would like to extend "C" using the space from New Volume J . Is this possible? Disc 1 is a solid state 1TB. I am not sure if this can be done! Can you please advise me?...
  6. Extending space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Extend disk space not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extend disk space not working: Recovery drive D: is short of space. I created unallocated drive space using disk management to move space from C: which has plenty. However , right clicking on D: or unallcated space in the disk management pop up just brings up 'help' not a command to expand space etc. So...
  8. I want single space

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want single space: I want single space, not double. How do i keep it at 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-single-space/fb3a92bb-739e-4320-845b-c22bc03dc979
  9. I want to extend time screen goes balck and to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I want to extend time screen goes balck and to sleep: I want to extend time screen goes black and to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-extend-time-screen-goes-balck-and-to/b09848ca-62e7-4341-95b2-dc8398a5dfcc"
  10. How can I extend my hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I extend my hard drive space?: I'm going under Computer Management>Disk Management and have deleted a partition which gave me the unallocated 48gb, and I'm trying to add that unallocated space to the main drive (C), and it's not letting me, When I right the C drive there is only a shrink volume option, the...