Windows 10: i want to fix windowsapps.

Discus and support i want to fix windowsapps. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OS:Windows 10 Version:about all of them starting with 1507 hey i've been trying to fix the windowsapps folder without reinstalling windows again, i've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ward201185, Oct 21, 2019.

1. i want to fix windowsapps.

Version:about all of them starting with 1507

hey i've been trying to fix the windowsapps folder without reinstalling windows again, i've tried xcopy with every permission,attributes, and about everything from a clean untouched folder copied straight from install.wim with the same version that i have, but for some reason, windows wont recognize the apps as i put windowsapps in, do i have to deploy everything? and everytime i try to register every app, it thinks appmanifest is located in c which is confusing and idk why
    when i use this command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}"
    but it kinda irritates me that it looks for c and im trying to find a way, with reinstalling causes me to be annoyed, cause then i have to get things from registry, try to what, and how many programs i have installed and try to get files from the user, redownload the bookmarks and everything from chrome and about everything that is cached and stored. it annoys me.
    also why does microsoft have this thing when you clean install windows 10 and then like msot of the apps have an arrow on them and later on doesnt get its icons back even when i reset the start menu layout, is it because i have to update microsoft store and the other apps? this is nonsense.

:)

ward201185, Oct 21, 2019

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 21, 2019
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Oct 21, 2019
  4. glivo Win User

i want to fix windowsapps.

System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

Steps taken.
    Part 1/
    Install W10. User -Test (No additional updates. No OEM drivers)
    Create Restore Point -"Pristine"
    Make a system alteration. ie; D/L and Install Google Chrome.
    System Restore to RP "Pristine". (Note: Chrome should be gone.)
    Successful. Chrome is gone and Edge reset. ??? Chromesetup file removed from \downloads??? Why???
    New Restore Point - "Undo Restore" created by system.

Step 2/
    D/L and install KB3213986. Reboot.
    Make a system alteration. ie; D/L and Install Google Chrome.
    Create Restore Point - "Update 1 Chrome"
    Make a system alteration. Uninstall Chrome.
    System Restore. (Note: Chrome should come back but may not work correctly.)
    Fail. 0x80070091

To me that represents a conclusive result.

The next obvious thing to do was to roll back the Update, assuming that this will fix System Restore. However, rolling back the Update DID NOT restore the functionality of System Restore. So now my confident claim, above, is a bit shaky. If performing the update does in fact cause the issue, removing it doesn't put it right.

So now, the next obvious thing is to perform the WindowsApps rename or deletion process, to apply the fix, and run a series of testing to see if System Restore becomes stable.

Results.
    Performing the WindowsApps rename fix, instead of deleting it this time, once again resulted in System Restore operating correctly. I have been able to install the remaining updates and flip back and forth between Restore Points without issue.

At this point I am done with it. My testing shows that:
    • It is update KB3213986 that causes the problem to occur in the first instance.
    • Rolling back the update does not correct the problem.
    • Performing the known fix returns System Restore functionality.
    • For how long, we don't yet know.

Should you wish to rename the WindowsApps directory rather than delete it, the attrib WindowsApps -h command line can only be performed after the icacls command line.

glivo, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

i want to fix windowsapps.

1. i want to fix windowsapps. - Similar Threads - fix windowsapps

2. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I wanted to know where a game of mine was installed but after I knew where it was installed i wanted to change it back but now i dont know what the...
  3. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I wanted to know where a game of mine was installed but after I knew where it was installed i wanted to change it back but now i dont know what the...
  4. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I was trying to add a folder and then a file inside that new folder which is supposed to be named Formats. I was trying to add this for a compressed folder...
  6. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I was trying to add a folder and then a file inside that new folder which is supposed to be named Formats. I was trying to add this for a compressed folder...
  7. How do I fix C: ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_3 .210

How do I fix C: ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_3 .210: C: ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_3.2106.14307.0__...\Win32Bridge.Server.exe 183499
  8. *Hard Topic to Fix* Not allowed to copy files in the WindowsApps folder EVEN on the...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    *Hard Topic to Fix* Not allowed to copy files in the WindowsApps folder EVEN on the...: I've tried EVERYTHING.Using Process Hacker to get system permsExplore ++I used the administrator accountWsAppBak.exeBUT YET ALL FAIL!!!! I truly think Microsoft should stop doing ARE you sure? Also, if you are wondering what I was trying to do, I was trying to block...
  9. How can I fix Program Files\WindowsApps?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix Program Files\WindowsApps?: So I wanted to be able to access the WindowsApps folder so I could access a game launcher inside. I took ownership of the folder, and wasn't able to find my launcher. I realised that this was a bad decision. Now whenever I start my machine, I get all these error messages...
  10. How to fix this Error - WindowsApps

How to fix this Error - WindowsApps: [ATTACH] This morning got this error, how to fix this! Plz reply me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-error-windowsapps/99912238-e793-4ad6-8b2c-8a18f5c4fcb6