Windows 10: I want to fully delete all my apps and files but every time I reset my PC, I still have them

Discus and support I want to fully delete all my apps and files but every time I reset my PC, I still have them in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I want to delete all my files and apps so that I can have a fresh start, but every time I reset my PC I still have all my files and apps. I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DamianDelfin, Nov 3, 2020.

1. I want to fully delete all my apps and files but every time I reset my PC, I still have them

So I want to delete all my files and apps so that I can have a fresh start, but every time I reset my PC I still have all my files and apps. I thought it was OneDrive so I delete my files from the cloud and unlinked my pc from the account and I still somehow will the files and apps. Is there anything you guys recommend? I'm still kinda new

:)

DamianDelfin, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Nergal Win User

App for deleting files while being used by another process...

Most of the time, booting in safe mode, as administrator, will enable you to remove those files (maps).

however, there are some programs out there to do just whatyou ask, I once found one after some searching on google. So either try my suggestion, or in fact search on google perhaps?

"Force delete" will bring up enough info on this.

Nergal, Nov 3, 2020
  3. missing apps after reset to the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost some apps after performing a reset to your PC. We will help you.

• Are you not able to access the Windows store?
    Before performing reset ensure you must have to select
    Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    So as you have performed the reset to your PC the apps are missing. We suggest you to download the applications again and check if it helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

I want to fully delete all my apps and files but every time I reset my PC, I still have them

Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Suggested options for undeletable items:
    1. Delete when Windows is not running
    a. from a command prompt via SHIFT + left click Restart and navigate to a command prompt
    - if you are very confident in using it.
    b. boot your system from a boot disk such as Kyhi's availabel from the top of the Software and Apps section. Familiar file explorer

2. Use a 3rd party utility which can be set to delete on reboot (outside Windows).
    e.g.
    EMCO Moveonboot
    Fileassassin (files only)

Note: radical steps to remove all those saves relatively little space.
    Much safer to use the tutorials here to remove unwanted apps using Powershell.

dalchina, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

I want to fully delete all my apps and files but every time I reset my PC, I still have them

1. I want to fully delete all my apps and files but every time I reset my PC, I still have them - Similar Threads - fully delete apps

2. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them: Every time I try to open apps like BlueJ, Anaconda, and more, it asks me to reinstall it every time despite the files already existing on my computer. This has been a persistent issue for a while now, upwards of a few months. There's no error message, it just keeps asking me...
  3. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them: Every time I try to open apps like BlueJ, Anaconda, and more, it asks me to reinstall it every time despite the files already existing on my computer. This has been a persistent issue for a while now, upwards of a few months. There's no error message, it just keeps asking me...
  4. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc: Hi, I have recently both a Bluetooth 5.0 usb dongle to connect my Bluetooth device to my pc since it did not have any support for this technology. I connected without any problem my Apple Airpods to my pc and till this point I haven't got any problem. The next time I used my...
  6. I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them.: I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC, thinking they would only delete from this folder and not their original file location. I understand now that this deleted all versions of the files. The files cannot be found in my recycle bin on my PC or my online...
  7. my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a...

my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a...: my pc looses time every day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-time-on-task-keeps-loosing-time-i-have-to-reset/22b2e9b0-4fa0-4fc4-baf1-bab2421b01a1
  8. I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed: My main goal is to reset my PC settings back to factory default, however I don't know how to back both my files and my apps. Please help. submitted by /u/wormant1 [link] [comments]...
  9. I wanted to fully reset my pc and I got this massage. It says: trouble while resetting of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I wanted to fully reset my pc and I got this massage. It says: trouble while resetting of...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_PureZocker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8rf9i/i_wanted_to_fully_reset_my_pc_and_i_got_this/
  10. Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart

Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart: Exactly as it says on the tin. I updated my Windows last night after incessant prompting and I log back in today to see that all of my files are gone. Everything I have tried to restore them doesn't work (I have tried everything so please don't give me tips on how to deal...