Windows 10: I want to go back to the previous operating system

Discus and support I want to go back to the previous operating system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to go back to the previous operating system that I was using before 20th Feb 2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maureenlynch3, Feb 23, 2020.

1. I want to go back to the previous operating system

I want to go back to the previous operating system that I was using before 20th Feb 2020

:)

maureenlynch3, Feb 23, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stucks at restoring to previous operating system while installing the updates

Hi Billie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • Which is the current operating system on your device?
    • Are you able to boot to the desktop?

I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard connected to your device, try to reboot and check if the computer boots to previous operating system/ to Windows 10.

Kindly reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2020
  4. I want to go back to the previous operating system

Roll back to previous Operating System

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Did you delete Windows.old folders?
    • Did you make any changes to computer after upgrading to Windows 10?

Check in C drive, if Windows.old folder is available. If yes, follow the suggest provided below.

To Roll back to previous Operating System:

I suggest you to refer the answer of Mr. Andre Da Costa from the following link, to roll back to previous Operating System.

ROLL BACK FROM WINDOW 10 TO WINDOW 8.1

If you can't find Windows.Old folder, you shall have to install Windows 7 using installation media.

To create installation media for Windows 7:

I suggest you to refer the answer of Mr. Andre Da Costa, from the following link.

Where can I download Windows 7 ISO? I have a Product Key.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

I want to go back to the previous operating system

1. I want to go back to the previous operating system - Similar Threads - previous operating system

2. want to go back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  3. want to go back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  4. go back to previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  5. I want to go back to W7

I want to go back to W7: I want to go back to Windows 7, I got tired of windows 10 its constant updates I don't like it, I don't want it anymore, help me to go back to my old W7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-go-back-to-w7/32e35853-8830-43dc-b332-c249aa42ca67
  6. Go back to previous

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Go back to previous: After recent Ten updates, this Toshiba Satellite M645 S 4070 is out of order. 1. wireless is unable to turn on. 2. touchpad and pointer stopped working. 3. unable to go to BIOS menu. they were working before the updates. After I reset Ten to previous version from...
  7. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...
  8. I want to go back to 10586

I want to go back to 10586: Hello all, I am on Windows 10 Education 64-bit Build 14267. I want to go back to 10586, but I have deleted the previous installation files in Disk Cleanup. I am wondering if it is possible to do a repair install with a 10586 iso file, like you could when downgrading from...
  9. Going back to a previous build

Going back to a previous build: I have a Intel Compute Stick that is running WIN 10 Preview Edition. I would like to go back to the previous install. There are 2 files for old Win10 Installs, windows.old & windows.old (1) When I started to reinstall it gave me a warning "You Must have the password for...
  10. Go back to previous build

Go back to previous build: Hi, I have the flashing screen that I can't do anything with, so i followed the instructions on how uninstall windows 10, which were great easy to read, but never got to question 6. Choose an account - I only got error message WDF_VIOLATION.. Than rebooted and back to the...