Windows 10: I want to hide taskbar on my primary screen but not my secondary screen

Discus and support I want to hide taskbar on my primary screen but not my secondary screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Due to the fact I have an AMOLED screen on my laptop, I auto hide the task bar to prevent burn-in although I would rather have the task bar showing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephCamhi, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I want to hide taskbar on my primary screen but not my secondary screen

Due to the fact I have an AMOLED screen on my laptop, I auto hide the task bar to prevent burn-in although I would rather have the task bar showing and displaying the time. My secondary screen is not AMOLED, so I would like to display the taskbar on it. Is there a way to do it? Right now they either both autohide the taskbar or they both show the taskbar, but I can't get the primary screen to autohide while the secondary screen displays the taskbar.

:)

JosephCamhi, Dec 18, 2020
  2. PDX-Mike Win User

Dual displays can't hide primary display taskbar

I have tried the suggestions in the thread "can't auto hide secondary display task bar" with out luck. I have the latest nVidia display drivers and have two monitors attached. I have them set up as an extended desktop, but the Primary display will not
    auto hide, although (this is the annoying part) the programs seen to think that the task bar is hiding, so the very bottom of the program running in full screen on the primary display is covered by the task bar. IIRC win7 and before allowed the programs to
    run full screen when the task bar was NOT hidden but did not cover the bottom of the program.

PDX-Mike, Dec 18, 2020
  3. clock on screen

Thank you for the prompt response.

To view clock on the secondary screen, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Switch the taskbars by dragging the primary taskbar to the secondary taskbar.
    • Right-click the taskbar again and check Lock all
      taskbars.

You can still access Cortana by clicking the Cortana icon or Start.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Dec 18, 2020
  4. I want to hide taskbar on my primary screen but not my secondary screen

Windows 10: primary monitor taskbar not hiding

• Software: Display Fusion v7.2 (if meaningful)
    • Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 650 Ti

Yes, I upgraded the NVIDIA GeForce driver to Windows 10. I had to, as the only way to bring back the driver and get dual displays. The driver is fine, as are the monitor drivers.

I had the auto-hide feature working up until now. Now, just after upgrading to Win10, the primary display taskbar no longer auto-hides. The secondary display taskbar hides nicely.

If I elect to have only one taskbar, then the primary taskbar still does not hide. I can, however, auto-hide the taskbar for an instant if I uncheck the option to auto-hide the taskbar, click on apply, and click the box to auto-hide the taskbar, and then finally click on the apply button.

No other software is running, so that is not the issue. A reboot does not fix the problem. As far as missing network connections or other system tray issues needing my attention, everything is fine.

In searching articles, one person suggested the obvious: to click on the "Search the web and Windows" and then click away or click on the Start Menu and then go back to the desktop, but alas the taskbar still remains.

Did Microsoft actually test this feature with dual displays?

The problem really seems to be a dual monitor issue. Thoughts?

Update:
    I turned off the computer in the evening and when I turned on the computer, the primary taskbar was auto-hiding. I was floored, as I had rebooted the previous night. My joy lasted about 30 seconds. As soon as I touched the keyboard to do something, I think launch Microsoft Edge, the taskbar was back to its old ways.

I will temporarily uninstall Display Fusion to rule that out as a suspect tomorrow.

Sarah Weinberger, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

I want to hide taskbar on my primary screen but not my secondary screen

1. I want to hide taskbar on my primary screen but not my secondary screen - Similar Threads - hide taskbar primary

2. Put the taskbar only on the secondary screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Put the taskbar only on the secondary screen: Hello,I want the taskbar only on the second screen i have 3 screens and i want let the first screen on default screen for have game launch on it.How we can do this in regedit with out install third app?Thx...
  3. PDF Preview Pane is tiny on secondary screen but not on primary screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Preview Pane is tiny on secondary screen but not on primary screen: Hi team,Why are PDFs in the Preview Pane so tiny and unadjustable on secondary screens but are maximised on primary screens only?I've tried this on 5 different secondary monitors but to no avail. Anything I google doesn't apply to secondary screens.This would cut my admin...
  4. PDF Preview Pane is tiny on secondary screen but not on primary screen

PDF Preview Pane is tiny on secondary screen but not on primary screen: Hi team,Why are PDFs in the Preview Pane so tiny and unadjustable on secondary screens but are maximised on primary screens only?I've tried this on 5 different secondary monitors but to no avail. Anything I google doesn't apply to secondary screens.This would cut my admin...
  5. I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....: I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....
  6. I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....

I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....: I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....
  7. I want to hide the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to hide the taskbar: How can I hide the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-hide-the-taskbar/87f8a41a-b934-4338-b59d-ae5d7cbe8ad5
  8. Hiding taskbar in full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding taskbar in full screen: My taskbar is visible in full screen video and games. Any idea how to make it disappear? submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9wzrz/hiding_taskbar_in_full_screen/
  9. Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor: Hey guys, I can't hide (not auto-hide) the taskbar on my primary monitor. Of course I can enable auto-hide, but that's not what i want. I could switch the primary monitor, but then I can't use my 144 Hz becuase the second monitor is only 60 Hz. Are there, maybe...
  10. Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen.: Hi, I extended the screen of my PC to multiple devices. And want to see the screen of connected devices in my primary monitor to know what is showing on the screen of those devices because the non-primary devices are not directly visible to me....