Windows 10: I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...

Discus and support I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired per all instructions, prompts from one step to the next work...and...nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlanRosenbaum, Apr 22, 2022.

1. I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...

I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired per all instructions, prompts from one step to the next work...and...nothing happens! All I get is the supposed connection window just searching and searching and not finding anything. What an I missing here? I'm paired on Bluetooth with the "Your Phone" app and the "Samsung Phone Link" app as updated, but after I hit import on the photo app on my PC, all that happens is that it searches endlessly but to no avail. I don't store my stuff in the Cloud, and I don't have a USB cable to connect my phone and my PC. Bluetoo

:)

AlanRosenbaum, Apr 22, 2022
  2. Barman58 Win User

Pairing a phone to a car

One thing I would add ... There should be a list of paired devices on the phone, If so it would be best if you "UnPair" any devices listed on the phone as well as the phones shown on the Car. To Unpair a device from an Android Phone go to Settings, Bluetooth and there should be a list of paired devices - at the right of each paired device is a "Cog" icon click on this and click on the unpair option, repeat for any other unneeded devices.

Sometimes paired items get out of sync and both sides need to be removed to re-pair

Barman58, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to import photos from Android device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• How are you trying to import the photos?
    • Do you receive any error message/code when trying to import the photos? If yes, what is the error message?
    • When you say, “photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened”, what is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which program are you using to open the photos?

To import photos, you may refer the section Android devices from the article

Import photos and videos from phone to PC

You may try restoring the files to a previous version and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to the location where the photos are stored.
    2. Right click on the folder and select Restore previous version.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 22, 2022
  4. Javo Win User

I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

Thema:

I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...

1. I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts... - Similar Threads - import photos Android

2. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  3. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  4. I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired, prompts...: I want to import photos from an Android phone to PC - devices are paired per all instructions, prompts from one step to the next work...and...nothing happens! All I get is the supposed connection window just searching and searching and not finding anything. What an I missing...
  5. Importing photos from phone into photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  6. Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone

Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone: Help! In 12 hours Windows 10 has only uploaded 370 photos out of 1444, it would usually do this in minutes - whats going on? Please note that I am NOT tech savvy. I had gone through all of the photos before importing, which took ages, so don't really want to stop the process...
  7. Unable to import photos from Android device

Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...
  8. Photo Import from Android

Photo Import from Android: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped....
  9. import photos from the phone to the PC

import photos from the phone to the PC: How can I import photos from the phone to the PC? I need to transfer images that I have in my Cell Phone to my PC, do I need to download some software?...
  10. importing pictures from an android phone

importing pictures from an android phone: Which app do I use to import Pictures from an android phone? Using an android micro plug from the phone to a usb slot on the PC? Moved from: Accessories / Other...