Windows 10: I want to increase GAIN on 3rd Party Webcam

Discus and support I want to increase GAIN on 3rd Party Webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I bought a popular but cheap webcam direct from China. It shows up in Amazons with a 1000 different names and prices. [img] The cam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Pool Man, Jun 17, 2020.

1. I want to increase GAIN on 3rd Party Webcam

Greetings,

I bought a popular but cheap webcam direct from China. It shows up in Amazons with a 1000 different names and prices.

I want to increase GAIN on 3rd Party Webcam [​IMG]

The cam part is pretty good. The mics? Muddy. I can live with that but I find the gain is too low. I've been trying various approaches (Equalizer APO and various Realtek settings) and I believe the Windows 10 PC doesn't 'get' that I'm trying to access the mic in the camera.

Let me back up. I'm not saying the mic doesn't work in OBS or even Windows CAMERA app. It does. But when I dial down into Windows 10 settings -- I think those are designed for mics. Not mics in webcams.

Has anyone else been down such a road?

If I open SOUND SETTINGS I see this --

If I select SOUND SETTINGS I get this for input

These are my choices --

The system has a way of doing a TEST where I read a sentence and I can tell it can't hear me.

*Sad

:)

The Pool Man, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    How to increase the Mouse gain

Hi Doug,

Perform the steps mentioned below to increase the gain and check if it helps.

a: Press Windows key +X.

b: Then click Control Panel.

c: Then click Mouse.

d: Then click the Wheel tab.

e: Under Vertical scrolling and horizontal scrolling
    increase the value.

f: Click apply and then ok.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 17, 2020
  4. I want to increase GAIN on 3rd Party Webcam

Webcam (Logitech C930e) is not working with 3rd party Software

Hi Rob,

Regarding the details that you provided, this issue is with your third-party software. We suggest that you contact them for compatibility concern. In most cases, if the issue occurs in all applications that used webcam got an issue. This could be an issue
    with the driver or device failure. If the device is working with Microsoft application, this is nothing to do with the Microsoft operating system or application. We suggest that you uninstall the third party program and reinstall. If the issue still occurs,
    we suggest that you contact your software developer for further assistance.

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Anthony Gal, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

I want to increase GAIN on 3rd Party Webcam

1. I want to increase GAIN on 3rd Party Webcam - Similar Threads - increase GAIN 3rd

2. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  3. Linking 3rd parties.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  4. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  5. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. 3rd Party Webcam for Microsoft Store Apps NOT WORKING

3rd Party Webcam for Microsoft Store Apps NOT WORKING: Third party webcam software is not working on Microsoft store apps. I've recently installed WhatsApp Desktop app & Messenger Desktop app from Microsoft Store, but while video calling on these apps my integrated laptop camera is being selected as default & not the 3rd party...
  7. 3rd party webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd party webcam: I recently installed a 3rd party webcam to my Windows 10 XPS 13. I often have to restart to access it. I don't want disable the integrated camera because it works to identify me. I would like to make the new Webcam the default. When I follow instructions and right click on...
  8. 3rd party sites

3rd party sites: Why can I not access websites that are emailed to me. For example,,, if someone emails me a money transfer,,, it will not open to the banking page. If "Prevention" sends me a link to health topic,,,, I cannot open it. Please help! :-...
  9. 3rd Party Company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd Party Company: I did a search for MS tech support and 855-345-8210 was a search result, so I called the number. I needed help with Outlook. The rep said MS no longer supported Outlook, and they were the company that handled Outlook support. I gave them access to my computer. They fixed the...
  10. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...