Windows 10: I want to install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive

Discus and support I want to install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelQuinnVIP, Mar 3, 2020.

1. I want to install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive

I want to install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive

:)

MichaelQuinnVIP, Mar 3, 2020

2. Installation Drive Not Found After Upgrade WIN10

• I upgraded to WIN 10 from a usb 2.0 optical disk drive.

• After the upgrade the device is no longer listed on the device manager.

• The drive is still listed in the BIOS.

• No flags or errors appear in the device manager.

• Windows plays a tone when the optical drive is connected via usb.

• Adding a registry key had no effect. I tried from elevated cmd/regedit windows.

The drive is an ASUS SBC-06D2X-U External Slim Blu-ray Combo

Your help is appreciated.

SeanElmore, Mar 3, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    ASUS Readies Slim, Stylish External DVD-Writer Drive

ASUS showed off a new compact external DVD-Writer drive, a yet to be named model that the company refers to as the "Extreme Slim External DVD-RW Drive." The drive is roughly the size of two CD cases, at 14 mm thickness. It is essentially a notebook/slim optical drive inside a sleek, gray brushed-metal enclosure that takes both power and connectivity from its USB 2.0 cable. The unit weighs 320 g. The drive writes DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW at 8x, DVD-RW, double-layer DVD-R/+R at 6x, and DVD-RAM at 5x. CD-R is written at 24x, CD-RW at 16x. ASUS did not give out pricing details, yet.

I want to install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive 156a_thm.jpg

Source: TechRadar

btarunr, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

I want to install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive - Similar Threads - install connect ASUS

2. External optical drive not displaying in MusicBee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External optical drive not displaying in MusicBee: I use MusicBee to listen to and organize my music, and to rip music from CDs. I play a CD from an external optical drive. When I used Windows 7, the drive assigned to D: showed up in MusicBee under the Computer header without any problems. Now that I'm using Windows 11, the...
  3. External optical drive not displaying in MusicBee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External optical drive not displaying in MusicBee: I use MusicBee to listen to and organize my music, and to rip music from CDs. I play a CD from an external optical drive. When I used Windows 7, the drive assigned to D: showed up in MusicBee under the Computer header without any problems. Now that I'm using Windows 11, the...
  4. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 and using an external optical drive: I have windows 10, a desktop, and when I ordered it from HP I forgot to include a CD-R OR CD-RW. I figured that just purchasing one and plugging it into a usb port would solve my issue. Initially it worked, kinda. The other day I messed up and ended up having to re-install my...
  5. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 and using an external optical drive: I have windows 10, a desktop, and when I ordered it from HP I forgot to include a CD-R OR CD-RW. I figured that just purchasing one and plugging it into a usb port would solve my issue. Initially it worked, kinda. The other day I messed up and ended up having to re-install my...
  6. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. LG slim external disc drive problem

LG slim external disc drive problem: I have the LG slim external drive which is generally good and reads all discs so far except it is failing to read Maxell CD-R discs from a few years ago. Can this be fixed or do I need to buy another type of external drive? I am using windows 10....
  8. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  9. External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10

External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10: i brought a dvd drive for my gaming pc and it cant detect the dvd its plugged in but it isnt accessible windows doesent detect it at all i went to device manager and cant find it at all please help....
  10. Optical drive will not install

Optical drive will not install: Toshiba Satellite laptop. New problem in the last few days. Windows 10 version 1809. Trying to send backup data to a flash drive, I noticed that the flash drive was labeled as 'D' instead of 'E' . Went to device manager, cd/dvd drive and saw this error for device status....