Windows 10: I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus

Discus and support I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus, but it throws me an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZahoriBera, Nov 11, 2020.

1. I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus

I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus, but it throws me an error

:)

ZahoriBera, Nov 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 11, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus

UEFI install Windows 10 was A LOT OF work!

Why would anyone bother with Rufus for Windows UEFI install media? Format the USB stick to FAT32 and drag and drop the files from the iso onto the USB stick. BAM instant UEFI boot drive.

newtekie1, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus

1. I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus - Similar Threads - install via USB

2. Unable to install windows 10 via a USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install windows 10 via a USB: I have windows 10 installed on my USB, however whenever I boot up in through it nothing happens and it boots up into my current OS instead of it trying to boot up into the windows 10 installation menu.Everything is formatted correctly and is fine the way it's supposed to be....
  3. Unable to install windows 10 via a USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install windows 10 via a USB: I have windows 10 installed on my USB, however whenever I boot up in through it nothing happens and it boots up into my current OS instead of it trying to boot up into the windows 10 installation menu.Everything is formatted correctly and is fine the way it's supposed to be....
  4. Windows Install via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Install via USB: I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion 15-cs3153cl with a USB Drive because I want to get rid of some bloatware and other things, but I'm not sure if my drivers will be reinstalled or if they wont. As a sidenote, I would also like to know how risky an install like...
  5. Clean install of windows 10 USB and Rufus lenovo ideapad 320

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install of windows 10 USB and Rufus lenovo ideapad 320: Hi I used Rufus and copied windows 10 Iso installation media to a USB flash but I am still unable to see any partition to do a clean installation of windows 10. I only have one drive zero unallocated space with zero space. I am unable to delete this and I have no more...
  6. Clean install of Windows 10 via USB

Clean install of Windows 10 via USB: So I've navigated to this page because I want to check on the latest instructions to do a clean install of Win10 to a new PC using USB. I rarely come to MS for help because I've found that they often publish confusing content and today was no different. In this case they...
  7. Windows 10 install via USB

Windows 10 install via USB: [IMG]Im trying to downlod windows 10 onto my old computer as I got a new one and was going to give the old one to a friend. It had been giving me a blue screen for a while but nothing serious. I downloaded windows 10 onto a USB from my new laptop. I am not trying to save...
  8. Installation of Windows 10 via USB

Installation of Windows 10 via USB: I am attempting to install windows 10 on a new computer. I have downloaded windows onto a usb using the media creation tool, and booted the computer with the stick in it, but I get an error message 0xc0000225. I have redownloaded windows, and it still does not work. I...
  9. Using Rufus to create installation USB

Using Rufus to create installation USB: Hi all, I've been having ridiculous amounts of trouble getting the Media Install tool (whatever its called) from Microsoft to create an USB Installer for windows - I'm done with it, don't want to use it. I've heard there's a program called Rufus, from here: https://rufus.ie...
  10. Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus

Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus: Hi All, I downloaded Windows 10 via MediaCreation tool and selected Pro x86 and x64 ("Both"). After the download was completed an ISO was created. Then i though of using Rufus but it is giving me error "iso image extraction failure". I used winzip to extract files and see...