Windows 10: I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.

Discus and support I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a 10 years old laptop that I am not using anymore and I would like to know if it is possible to transfer my windows license from it to my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Theleon1st, Feb 21, 2019.

1. I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.

I have a 10 years old laptop that I am not using anymore and I would like to know if it is possible to transfer my windows license from it to my new build desktop pc. The laptop that has windows 10 in it, had originally a windows 7 32bit model that came with it preinstalled.

:)

Theleon1st, Feb 21, 2019

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 21, 2019
  3. License Transfer from old to new laptop

HI All,

I had a old laptop with windows 10 pro activated (Along with microsoft account linked). Then i brought a new laptop with windows 10 home activated.

Now i want to transfer the windows 10 pro license to my new laptop.

1. I don't have the old laptop with me as i have exchanged it with the new one (But before that i have deleted the old account and license from the old laptop, so i don't have the old product key)

2. Now i have linked my old old microsoft account in my new system but it doesn't changed to windows 10 pro it still windows 10 home.

Please help regarding this.?Thanks in advance.

swapnadarsanmoharana, Feb 21, 2019
  4. I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.

1. I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc. - Similar Threads - transfer license old

2. I cannot transfer my windows 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot transfer my windows 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new pc: Lately, i have gotten a new pc and I was planning to transfer the windows 11 pro license key from my laptop to my new pc.In the activation menu of the old laptop, it says that the key is under my microsoft account which means if i log in my microsoft account in my new pc, the...
  3. I cannot transfer my windows 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot transfer my windows 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new pc: Lately, i have gotten a new pc and I was planning to transfer the windows 11 pro license key from my laptop to my new pc.In the activation menu of the old laptop, it says that the key is under my microsoft account which means if i log in my microsoft account in my new pc, the...
  4. I cannot transfer my windows 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?: Hi! How can I transfer the Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop? I bought Windows 10/11 Pro from Microsoft Store on December 27 2017 for my old laptop. How does it work? How can I get this transfer to my new laptop? Can someone provide step by step? I...
  6. How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?

How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?: Hi! How can I transfer the Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop? I bought Windows 10/11 Pro from Microsoft Store on December 27 2017 for my old laptop. How does it work? How can I get this transfer to my new laptop? Can someone provide step by step? I...
  7. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...: The license will not transfer, please help. My old Windows pro will not transfer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-my-windows-license-to-my-new-pc/d8875633-f913-42a9-a8c0-995ac1c701f1
  8. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...: The license will not transfer, please help. My old Windows pro will not transfer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-my-windows-license-to-my-new-pc/d8875633-f913-42a9-a8c0-995ac1c701f1
  9. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

10. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old laptop to my new PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old laptop to my new PC?: I just built my first PC, but I haven't bought windows. I don't want to spend $100+, so I was wondering if I could transfer my Windows 10 Home digital licence from my old laptop to my new PC. I bought my laptop at Costco....