Windows 10: I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable

Discus and support I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Razero, May 22, 2019.

1. Razero Win User

I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable

i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft account.This laptop was a gift from someone and now i m getting a custom built pc for myself and if possible i would prefer transferring my license from this device to that one.Usually laptops come with oem license but on checking my license type using cmd command it says that my license belongs to retail channel,so is my win 10 digital license transferrable or am i to get a new one?

:)

Razero, May 22, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2019
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable [​IMG]

MCardona81, May 22, 2019
  4. I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2019
Thema:

I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable

1. I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable - Similar Threads - digital license transferrable

2. Hi I want to transfer my windows 10 digital license to my other desktop pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hi I want to transfer my windows 10 digital license to my other desktop pc: Hi I want to transfer my windows 10 digital license to my other desktop pc I tried but failed please assist me how to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-want-to-transfer-my-windows-10-digital/e264f5f7-181c-4ece-8c4f-28e8b66970e7
  3. Hi I want to transfer my windows 10 digital license to my other desktop pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi I want to transfer my windows 10 digital license to my other desktop pc: Hi I want to transfer my windows 10 digital license to my other desktop pc I tried but failed please assist me how to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-want-to-transfer-my-windows-10-digital/e264f5f7-181c-4ece-8c4f-28e8b66970e7
  4. Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?

Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?: I got couple of refurbed PCs with a Windows for refurb PC sticker on back of them. I installed windows on a partition of a macbook and tried both license keys. The worked and upon checking one was OEM_DM channel, The other was OEM_something_something channel.I'm not sure if...
  5. Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?: I got couple of refurbed PCs with a Windows for refurb PC sticker on back of them. I installed windows on a partition of a macbook and tried both license keys. The worked and upon checking one was OEM_DM channel, The other was OEM_something_something channel.I'm not sure if...
  6. Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 License transferral and linking.

Windows 10 License transferral and linking.: My pc recently broke and I had windows 10 installed on it. I'm planning to completely replace my pc. Now, I still want to reuse my Windows 10 on it, since it's a Pro version. I read online about how it's possible if my license is linked to my Microsoft Account. Question is,...
  8. is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable?

is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable?: i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft account.This laptop was a gift from someone and now i m getting a custom built pc for myself and if possible i would prefer...
  9. I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable: i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft account.This laptop was a gift from someone and now i m getting a custom built pc for myself and if possible i would prefer...
  10. License Renewals and Transferres to Affiliates

License Renewals and Transferres to Affiliates: Hey Community, I have a question regarding license transfers to Affiliates. Scenario: Company A and Company B comes together to form Company C. Company B has an active EA (Enterprise Agreement) with an LSP but would love to Renew their Agreement under Company C (which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is digital license transferrable