Windows 10: I want to know my Windows 10 product key

Discus and support I want to know my Windows 10 product key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Friends, I had purchased my PC in August 2020 from a local shop. Windows 10 was already installed. But since I wanted a genuine one I contacted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amit Dhamankar, Sep 25, 2022.

1. I want to know my Windows 10 product key

Hello Friends, I had purchased my PC in August 2020 from a local shop. Windows 10 was already installed. But since I wanted a genuine one I contacted Microsoft to find out whether my OS is Lincensed. After giving them remote access the agent said that I have a product key but I need to take a license from Microsoft. I agreed to them and they licensed my OS through remote support and I paid them approx 10000 INR. I am not that tech savvy so I told them to install in my PC through remote support. Now my question is how do I know that my OS is Licensed and how do I get my Product key?

:)

Amit Dhamankar, Sep 25, 2022

2. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 25, 2022
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 25, 2022
  4. I want to know my Windows 10 product key

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

I want to know my Windows 10 product key

1. I want to know my Windows 10 product key - Similar Threads - product key

2. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  3. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  4. product key is not working

product key is not working: product key is not working. need to install the MS applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-not-working/9814414a-2a25-47fa-9982-6ff294d369ea
  5. product key is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key is not working: product key is not working. need to install the MS applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-not-working/9814414a-2a25-47fa-9982-6ff294d369ea
  6. product key is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. need to purchase product key for windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  8. need to purchase product key for windows 8

need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  9. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...
  10. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...