Windows 10: ‪i WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS FILE IS, WHAT DOES IT DO AND WHO IT BELONGS TO:...

Discus and support ‪i WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS FILE IS, WHAT DOES IT DO AND WHO IT BELONGS TO:... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is a Principal listed in my advanced security settings, that allows the above file/user at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatVQ, Sep 30, 2018.

1. PatVQ Win User

‪i WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS FILE IS, WHAT DOES IT DO AND WHO IT BELONGS TO:...

There is a Principal listed in my advanced security settings, that allows the above file/user at

C:\Windows\Temp\sa.9WZDNCRFJ2GK_0__.Public.InstallAgent.dat full control over my computer. Further details: It comes up when I go to temp folder and then go to SupportAssistantAgent, because there is no folder under Temp starting with sa. It says it is an unknown account.

I have had a lot of problems with my Dell Insprion purchased August 2017, running Windows 10, and added Office 365 a few months ago. I bought laptop from Office Depot. System has crashed and lots of odd problems, and I've had remote assistance with Microsoft technicians at least 3 times in the last 1 year and 2 months.

Can anyone help to explain, in layman English, as I am not an advanced computer person...at all, what this is? And please, Moderator, don't send me message I'm putting this into wrong folder or place on Microsoft support! I am sometimes, evidentally, too inadept at categorizing my problems...so, if you can just post it as requested and not make me redo everything and resubmit I would appreciate.

:)

PatVQ, Sep 30, 2018
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Sep 30, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. ‪i WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS FILE IS, WHAT DOES IT DO AND WHO IT BELONGS TO:... - Similar Threads - ‪i FILE DOES

2. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I do know?: what should I do if I contacted them and they added network security to my computer and I sent them a check for $641.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-know/cb785e3e-38e3-46fa-8cae-2cba037b5478
  3. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do I do know?: what should I do if I contacted them and they added network security to my computer and I sent them a check for $641.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-know/cb785e3e-38e3-46fa-8cae-2cba037b5478
  4. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Anyone know what this folder is and what it belongs to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know what this folder is and what it belongs to?: I was looking at my documents when I found a folder by the name of "evox", it has nothing but an empty folder in it called "downloads", what does this belong to?...
  6. Anyone know what this folder is and what it belongs to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know what this folder is and what it belongs to?: I was looking at my documents when I found a folder by the name of "evox", it has nothing but an empty folder in it called "downloads", what does this belong to?...
  7. WANT TO KNOW WHAT MICROSOFT IS REALLY DOING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WANT TO KNOW WHAT MICROSOFT IS REALLY DOING: I'm so mad I could spit nails......For over 2 weeks I had thought I had hackers or developers in my system. But it was MICROSOFT AND THEIR MINNIONS making my hard drive a virtual drive. TOOK my API keys and made five MDM accounts and used my computer to make phone calls....
  8. Don't know what/where these files belong

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't know what/where these files belong: Just received an email from my brother asking what these files are in a folder on the D: drive named Assets, where do they belong to and can they be deleted? OS Windows 10 Home [img] File explorer >Local Disk > D: drive > Assets [img] The jpg files can be opened but the...
  9. I saved a product key but do not know what product it belongs to.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I saved a product key but do not know what product it belongs to.: I have a microsoft product key that I saved from a year or so ago, but I do not know why I saved it. It says not to post the number here, but here is some of it. VJYD2-DM2VY-KVXBQ-8XJH2-xxxxx...
  10. What do I want to know about this scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I want to know about this scam?: Suddenly popped up. Does not give any workable option to close it. URL is strange, all sorts of flags here.... I even had a difficult time to regain control of the computer. It played a loud announcement. I switched off the speaker. Claims to be Windows Defender....