Windows 10: I want to know where windows settings is in regedit.

Discus and support I want to know where windows settings is in regedit. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; E.g. If I wanted to turn off location in windows settings where can I do that in regedit? (& all the other options such as background apps) Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yqmxh, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Yqmxh Win User

I want to know where windows settings is in regedit.

E.g. If I wanted to turn off location in windows settings where can I do that in regedit? (& all the other options such as background apps)

Why? Because I am working on a .reg file to change windows settings to the specified value everytime I factory reset my PC. (Every month)

-Thanks!

:)

Yqmxh, Aug 4, 2018
  2. PT
    pt Win User

regedit help

any step by step guide?
    that is like chinese to me

edit:
    i did this that you posted and deleted after and it worked:
    psexec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe

but the problem is still there *Frown I want to know where windows settings is in regedit. :(

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 4, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

regedit help

How about psexec -i -d -s \\192.XXX.XXX.X c:\windows\regedit.exe? *Smile I want to know where windows settings is in regedit. :)
    (type in IP or network name of the laptop)

peach1971, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I want to know where windows settings is in regedit. - Similar Threads - where settings regedit

2. i want to remove a scam but i dont know how to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i want to remove a scam but i dont know how to: so there is a popup scam that keeps bugging me on browsers except for Internet Explorer. Is there a way that I can permanently remove this scam?...
  3. I want to know please.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to know please.: How to change font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-want-to-know-please/d2621481-56a8-4ce0-b20a-212278bbc923
  4. i dont know where to begin...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i dont know where to begin...: I need help with literally everything...no kidding,,new pc, wont hardly work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_other/i-dont-know-where-to-begin/ade63b4d-f825-412e-9b0b-c57cedc76a8d
  5. Registry settings in Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry settings in Regedit: I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window...
  6. Do we know where Edge settings are located (e.g., homepage)?

in Browsers and Email
    Do we know where Edge settings are located (e.g., homepage)?: We previously found the Edge bookmarks, but do we know where general Edge settings are located (like the pop-up blocker, the homepage, etc.)? I would have thought they'd be stored in the following path, but it appears I am wrong:...
  7. I don't know where yo find this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know where yo find this: Done a system/image restore to fix out word. It never fixed it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance. We cant connect to https:,'/d.docs.live.net/443ed33c705aae44/Drew's PowerPoint With videos/Drew Sommerville PowerPoint With Videos. ppsx' Please make...
  8. How can i change my HWID in regedit setting ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i change my HWID in regedit setting ?: hello everyone , i don't know i'm asking on the right place or not but anyway hope u guys can help me with this . because of some reason i wanna to change my hard serial number (HWid) , we have several Hwid changers that they didn't work on my pc! pbdownforce is a good...
  9. set items in order i want

in Windows 10 Support
    set items in order i want: In the documents folder I have a folder called my tournament games In that folder I have my chess tournament games I cannot find how to manually set the order myself I want to put them in order by dragging and dropping or whatever way is available, so far I have not been...
  10. Where is this setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is this setting?: I'm fairly sure this is a Windows 10 setting. When I drag my mouse off screen in the bottom right corner, all windows close and I get my desktop wallpaper. I'd like to switch it off. Looked in many places but so far haven't found it. -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 65676