Windows 10: I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after.

Discus and support I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop keeps saying it is low battery while it is still 98%, and after it says that it just locks itself I think it thinks that its about to die.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickChristopher1, Jan 22, 2021.

1. I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after.

My laptop keeps saying it is low battery while it is still 98%, and after it says that it just locks itself I think it thinks that its about to die. When I checked the forums, I saw someone mention Thermal paste or something might be a problem to it. When I checked my drivers, IntelR Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager and PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller drivers had problems. I troubleshooted it, it couldn't find any problem. So how do I fix this locking itself problem, and does the drivers with the problems have any connection to this. If so, how do I fix the drivers ? Please help.

My laptop is a X455L series.

:)

PatrickChristopher1, Jan 22, 2021
  2. adrya407 Win User

Battery low warning ( 7%) at 98% charged battery

Every time I charge my laptop battery, when I unplug it, at a range between 80-98% I get a low battery warning ( 7%). Is this a known windows bug? The laptop is a lenovo ideapad 700 series. Windows 10 Pro

adrya407, Jan 22, 2021
  3. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Juntao Win User

I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after.

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after.

1. I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after. - Similar Threads - why laptop says

2. I got this notification when I was doing my work. Just wanted to know why this is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got this notification when I was doing my work. Just wanted to know why this is...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/o35bptvp87y51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=dd03e055e2d20c87a370e5b44d639eac7e9a6da9 submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments]...
  3. I want to know *why* my account was locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know *why* my account was locked.: I'm not contesting the account locking, or the fact that you need a phone number to unlock your account. But I do not believe I was doing anything that was against terms of service, and I know that no one else has access to this account. Ergo, if I don't know what I did...
  4. Battery low warning 7% at 98% charged battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery low warning 7% at 98% charged battery: My 2017 dell inspiron 5567 laptop been using it for 4 years now, Having issues with the battery & battery life, Performance issues that i never experienced the past 3 years I ran a battery test PowerCfg -energy -duration 0 -output EnergyReport.html...
  5. Wants to lock my stolen laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wants to lock my stolen laptop.: My laptop has been stolen. I am trying to lock it but it ahow the that microsoft will let you know when they lock it. Its being two days its still not locked. And they show no location on map bcz its disabled. Wht should i do now???...
  6. Blue screen "Battery Low" Locks/shuts down laptop. On restarting, battery is 99%.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen "Battery Low" Locks/shuts down laptop. On restarting, battery is 99%.: I know this type of issue has been raised a lot but the post I found was quite old. I'm hoping someone has found out how to stop this happening. I have replaced the battery because at one stage the battery diagnostic showed the battery to be failing and a friend replaced...
  7. I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO EXPAND MY LAPTOP SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO EXPAND MY LAPTOP SCREEN: HOW TO EXPAND THE MONITOR SCREEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-how-to-expand-my-laptop-screen/b986f8ca-c993-46cb-a7c9-73fba448bca9
  8. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....
  9. my battery notification when unplug an it gets low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery notification when unplug an it gets low: why my laptop stop showing me notification when my battery is low after it's unplug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-notification-when-unplug-an-it-gets-low/51f7b1ac-fc63-4f7f-a900-d7836afc73e5
  10. I want to install a game from a CD. But, it says it is denied. I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to install a game from a CD. But, it says it is denied. I don't know why.: When I try to install a game on my computer, it always says that it's denied. I don't know why it says this. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-a-game-from-a-cd-but-it-says-it/a29905de-7c6a-4e06-8963-58cbd936cea1