Windows 10: I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after.

Discus and support I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop keeps saying it is low battery while it is still 98%, and after it says that it just locks itself I think it thinks that its about to die.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickChristopher1, Jan 22, 2021.

1. I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after.

My laptop keeps saying it is low battery while it is still 98%, and after it says that it just locks itself I think it thinks that its about to die. When I checked the forums, I saw someone mention Thermal paste or something might be a problem to it. When I checked my drivers, IntelR Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager and PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller drivers had problems. I troubleshooted it, it couldn't find any problem. So how do I fix this locking itself problem, and does the drivers with the problems have any connection to this. If so, how do I fix the drivers ? Please help.

My laptop is a X455L series.

:)

PatrickChristopher1, Jan 22, 2021
  2. adrya407 Win User

Battery low warning ( 7%) at 98% charged battery

Every time I charge my laptop battery, when I unplug it, at a range between 80-98% I get a low battery warning ( 7%). Is this a known windows bug? The laptop is a lenovo ideapad 700 series. Windows 10 Pro

adrya407, Jan 22, 2021
  3. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Juntao Win User

I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after.

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after.

1. I want to know why my laptop says it is low battery when at 98% and locks itself shortly after. - Similar Threads - why laptop says

2. Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low: My laptop battery health is poor and when I turn on the laptop, it turns off and then I have to turn it on again and it loads from the bootloader like I shut it down It keeps all the apps opened though. This happens every time I turn on the laptop after a while. It shuts down...
  3. Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low: My laptop battery health is poor and when I turn on the laptop, it turns off and then I have to turn it on again and it loads from the bootloader like I shut it down It keeps all the apps opened though. This happens every time I turn on the laptop after a while. It shuts down...
  4. Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged: I was playing a game when my computer suddenly showed a blue screen saying "Your battery is running Low. You might want to plug in your PC." It's then followed by, "Locking..." not even a second later. I found it strange and decided to check if my charger was plugged in...
  6. Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged: I was playing a game when my computer suddenly showed a blue screen saying "Your battery is running Low. You might want to plug in your PC." It's then followed by, "Locking..." not even a second later. I found it strange and decided to check if my charger was plugged in...
  7. Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged

8. Windows saying locking on a low battery.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows saying locking on a low battery.: Hi, today I’ve been was just on my laptop, it is a Lenovo when it said “locking” and shut off. I could turn it back on but I noticed the charger wasn’t working. I got a new one and it started charging again. A few minutes ago however, it did the same thing again. The weird...
  9. Windows saying locking on a low battery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows saying locking on a low battery.: Hi, today I’ve been was just on my laptop, it is a Lenovo when it said “locking” and shut off. I could turn it back on but I noticed the charger wasn’t working. I got a new one and it started charging again. A few minutes ago however, it did the same thing again. The weird...
  10. Windows saying locking on a low battery.