Windows 10: I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?

Discus and support I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I want to login my account completely passwordless with my security key. So I set up my security key in "Windows Hello and security keys" and it's... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Key Holder, Aug 14, 2020.

1. I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?

I want to login my account completely passwordless with my security key.

So I set up my security key in "Windows Hello and security keys" and it's works fine, I can login by using my security key.

But when I tried to login with my password it still can login with no security key needed !

how to fix that ? how to login by using security key only ?

[Moved from: Outlook.com / Security, privacy, and accounts / Keeping me safe online]

:)

Key Holder, Aug 14, 2020

2. Security key login works, But why I can still login with my password

please answer my 2 questions

1. I just set up a security key to login my account and it works fine, But when I try to login with my password it's still can login without security key needed! I want my account accessible with my security key only not password anymore. How to do that
    ?

2. My security key has NFC, so I want to use the same key to login to my account via my phone app too by using NFC (it's going to be like using USB security key insert to login via PC and NFC in the phone app). How to do that ?

Moved from: Security, privacy, and accounts / Other

Key Holder, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Security Key

Some tentative suggestions -
    1 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for a WiFi network?
    2 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for your router's Admin functions that is controlling your WiFi network?
    3 Perhaps you mean your Windows user account login 'password' or a 'PIN' that you have set it up to accept instead?

Denis

4. W1zzard Win User

I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?

key authentication

Key authentication is the recommended method for security, reject all password logins

If you lose the key use physical or remote console (IPMI)

W1zzard, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?

1. I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ? - Similar Threads - login using security

2. I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...: I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or school account for that feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-a-security-key-to-login-to-my/61e02001-6b97-403b-9b60-c4b93f2045b1
  3. I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...: I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or school account for that feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-a-security-key-to-login-to-my/61e02001-6b97-403b-9b60-c4b93f2045b1
  4. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  5. How to only use OneDrive when I want to use OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to only use OneDrive when I want to use OneDrive: OneDrive is trying to take over my computer. Everything seems to be defaulting to saving files there. I DON'T WANT THAT!!! It's extremely aggravating. I want files to go where I want them to go, not where OneDrive thinks they should go. If I want to save something to...
  6. Windows login password. Do not want to use it at start up

Windows login password. Do not want to use it at start up: I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it: right click START run type in- netplwiz ok uncheck (users must enter a user name, etc) apply type in password ok ok again restart...
  7. Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up

Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up: I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it: right click START run type in- netplwiz ok uncheck (users must enter a user name, etc) apply type in password ok ok again restart...
  8. Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this...

Login PIN, I want to use the long very secure password I always have. How do i do this...: I like that there is another step to secure my account. But I do not want to use the PIN for my login. I want to use the password. If the 'update' to security is, 'make the user remember another password/pin' then that's just f****** lazy. I want to keep the PIN as a...
  9. Want to stop using password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to stop using password: When I start my computer I have to enter a password. I would like to be able to stop doing this and be able to go straight into my computer without having to type in a password. Does anyone know how this can be done? 70457
  10. Want to stop using password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to stop using password: How do I change my logon options so that I do not have to use either a password or PIN#? 31715