Windows 10: I want to make a new Microsoft account on my computer but I am confused.

Discus and support I want to make a new Microsoft account on my computer but I am confused. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi not sure if this is a good title but around 2018 my older sister moved to Australia and didn't bring her PC with her and I was allowed to use it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pompomurine, Apr 2, 2020.

1. I want to make a new Microsoft account on my computer but I am confused.

Hi not sure if this is a good title but around 2018 my older sister moved to Australia and didn't bring her PC with her and I was allowed to use it. August 2019 she came back and got a new laptop, so she didn't need the computer and then it was given to me instead since she traveled back and forth as well. There is a lot of documents on the computer that are hers. When I log in, it still has her name and I'm worried that it is connected to her laptop and that she knows what I'm doing on the computer for simple privacy reasons. I've been wanting to clear the computer since it now belongs to me, but I don't want to get rid of the games I have installed and my art folders. I've then been wondering if I should just make my own Microsoft account, but would that move all the folders and programs to it? Is there a way to get rid of her account from my computer? At first, I wanted to reset the computer, but I was worried about what that would do to her things and I wanted to ask her to go through her folders after I've uploaded mine to Drive. I'd love to get some answers, thank you!

submitted by /u/pompomurine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pompomurine, Apr 2, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Apr 2, 2020
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 2, 2020
  4. I want to make a new Microsoft account on my computer but I am confused.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

I want to make a new Microsoft account on my computer but I am confused.

1. I want to make a new Microsoft account on my computer but I am confused. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account computer

2. Microsoft Account. I want to create a new one for my new personal computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account. I want to create a new one for my new personal computer.: I just bought a new laptop for personal use. So I don't have to keep using my work computer for personal things. I have a work computer with a work Microsoft Account. I want to set up a MS account for my personal computer using my personal email address not my work address. I...
  3. Microsoft Account. I want to create a new one for my new personal computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account. I want to create a new one for my new personal computer.: I just bought a new laptop for personal use. So I don't have to keep using my work computer for personal things. I have a work computer with a work Microsoft Account. I want to set up a MS account for my personal computer using my personal email address not my work address. I...
  4. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.: In settings, It says over my account section that I'm on a local account, but then doesn't when I go to the account page, and Microsoft Rewards prompts me to sign in, but says to find an app in the microsoft store. Microsoft store has me signed out as well, and when I attempt...
  5. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.: In settings, It says over my account section that I'm on a local account, but then doesn't when I go to the account page, and Microsoft Rewards prompts me to sign in, but says to find an app in the microsoft store. Microsoft store has me signed out as well, and when I attempt...
  6. I am confused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am confused: Hello, my name is joseph Im 18 I am calling on the community for some help. So this may seen weird that im 18 and i play roblox and use discord and stuff. So my dad blocks roblox and discord off of my computer. I have tried to go through regedit and cmd prompt and files also...
  7. I am really confused

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am really confused: So my pc started doing weird things the last 3-4 days. The monitor started going black and turning back on again and it started flickering and I needed to restart my pc in order for it to fix. I turned off and on my monitor to see if that's the problem but it wouldn't change...
  8. I want to make an account the main account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to make an account the main account: So I got a PC that used to be my brother’s and my mom said I can’t remove his account from the PC. I want my Microsoft account to be the main account on the PC, but I can’t remove his account. How do I do so? submitted by /u/Marcapwier64 [link] [comments]...
  9. I am so confused!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am so confused!: Okay so I just recently got the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 for Christmas. It is using Windows 10 and everything is up to date. I only got it 5 days ago. I really like it but whenever I am using a web browser I think it only happens when I'm on youtube the video will start to...
  10. I am Confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am Confused: I just bought Java edition and I thought it would be like what what I see on YouTube but it's not, it's just like Pocket edition! I thought it would be different. Specifically mobs, like the fox is not in PE but I've seen that on Pc it's there! Please explain....