Windows 10: I want to make my D drive the home for all things except my system and program files

Discus and support I want to make my D drive the home for all things except my system and program files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a SSD C drive and I want to set up my D drive for everything else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve - Linda, Mar 14, 2020.

1. I want to make my D drive the home for all things except my system and program files

I have a SSD C drive and I want to set up my D drive for everything else

:)

Steve - Linda, Mar 14, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 14, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Move documents from D drive into reinstalled program

Hi,

We recommend that you contact the program developer for instructions on how to move your files. They should be able to provide you a step-by-step guide on you can move your documents from the D:\ drive to their program.

Thank you.

John Vil, Mar 14, 2020
  4. I want to make my D drive the home for all things except my system and program files

Added d drive but can't search for files on it

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern with the drives on the computer, we suggest that you create a partition for you to be able to do dual boot. Cloning the C: drive will allow you to copy the program files, but not the system files. It is the reason why
    it's not doing anything when you tried to search in file explorer using the D: drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

I want to make my D drive the home for all things except my system and program files

1. I want to make my D drive the home for all things except my system and program files - Similar Threads - drive home things

2. System, system64, and mono file in my d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System, system64, and mono file in my d drive: Is it ok for me to delete the System, system64, and mono files which I believe were there by themselves when I downloaded the scp game, and now I don't play those games anymore. Is it safe if I delete the files? The files are on the d drive....
  3. System, system64, and mono file in my d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System, system64, and mono file in my d drive: Is it ok for me to delete the System, system64, and mono files which I believe were there by themselves when I downloaded the scp game, and now I don't play those games anymore. Is it safe if I delete the files? The files are on the d drive....
  4. How do I transfer all my OS files to my drive D. All the files in OS drive are windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer all my OS files to my drive D. All the files in OS drive are windows...: The files on the OS drive are preinstalled windows data such as program files or dell files and they're on the drive and its full. If I selected all of them and copied it to my :D drive will it effect my computer? I've seen some people do experiments like deleting all the...
  5. How do I transfer all my OS files to my drive D. All the files in OS drive are windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer all my OS files to my drive D. All the files in OS drive are windows...: The files on the OS drive are preinstalled windows data such as program files or dell files and they're on the drive and its full. If I selected all of them and copied it to my :D drive will it effect my computer? I've seen some people do experiments like deleting all the...
  6. Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?: i recently found out that i had a bigger drive D: in my system that wasn't activated, and I was wondering if I could move everything in the C: drive into the D: drive without messing everything up? there's hardly any space left on the C: drive while there's 500 gigabytes...
  7. I want to eject my hard drive but this PID 4 thing makes it that I can't eject the drive....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to eject my hard drive but this PID 4 thing makes it that I can't eject the drive....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zetizer7708 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhiqxu/i_want_to_eject_my_hard_drive_but_this_pid_4/
  8. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?: I started to do this but then decided to cancel the process to check if it was a safe thing to do. The reason I want to do this is because there is much more space on my D drive than my C drive. Also, my D drive is completely empty. Can I do it? If not, what can I do to...
  9. New computer has 2 drives: i want things on D:

in Windows 10 Customization
    New computer has 2 drives: i want things on D:: Hello! Sorry if I'm not explaining things correctly. I just got a new computer, a Dell G7 15 7590. It has two drives. C: is named "OS" and has 102 GB, and D: is named "DATA" and has 1 tera available. When installing my first few things I noticed they were being installed in...
  10. Windows things that My D drive is an external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows things that My D drive is an external drive: Windows things that My D drive is an external drive does anyone know how to fix this? any help is much APRICATED Thanks in advanced [img] 85780